Link up here if you're playing along today!
(And dang, those are some white teeth!)
Saturday 9: Moon River (1962)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is featured in a Dove candy bar commercial. What's your favorite way to enjoy chocolate (cookie, candy bar, ice cream, hot cocoa, etc.)?
Chocolate chip cookies or Lindt chocolate truffles are my faaaavorites!
2) It was originally written for the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Where's the best place to eat breakfast in your neighborhood?
IHOP is right down the road. We've been there more than once at 3 AM!
3) Were you able to see the moon last night?
I haven't been out this evening, so I guess I missed it!
4) When Andy Williams' show was first telecast in color, viewers commented on how very blue his eyes were. What's the first thing you notice about a person?
I think I notice their demeanor first.
5) The Andy Williams Show gave the Osmond Brothers their first national exposure. When younger sister Marie joined the act, she made her debut on his show, as well. Let's say you have just been bumped up to first-class for a three hour flight. Which Osmond would you prefer as your seatmate, Donny or Marie?
I generally prefer mens' company over women's, so I guess Donny? Neither one greatly appeals to me, though.
6) Even though Andy was a millionaire many times over, he was still careful with money, once saying he would never pay more than $50 for a haircut. This leaves Sam shaking her head, because she spares no expense when it comes to her hair. What's something you splurge on?
I tend to splurge for my kids' sakes. I wouldn't say they were spoiled, but... well, maybe a little. ;)
7) Andy's Moon River Theater still draws tourists to Branson, MO. Have you ever been to the Ozarks?
Yes, once. We went to Branson for a resort mystery shop I did several years ago. Hubs is from Missouri, so we visited his mom and brother in the central part of the state while there, too. It was a nice trip.
8) Andy had a discerning eye for Native American art. His collection of Navajo rugs was sold at auction for nearly $1,000,000. Have you ever bid on an auction?
Only online, never in person. The in-person kind is on the bucket list! (Sheesh, that's long; I better get started!)
9) Andy told an interviewer that his earliest memory was hiding from a storm in the cellar of his family's Iowa home. What's your earliest memory?
Not this young, but I remember being a happy baby-ish girl of about three and running around my house squealing with my arms up in the air. I don't remember why; I just remember the joy.
Thanks for stopping by!