Link up here if you're playing along this weekend, pals!
1) Which do you prefer: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside?
I prefer colored hard-boiled eggs. I'll be eating a lot of those in the coming week, I imagine! I can't believe Easter is suddenly upon us. I have some work to do tomorrow to get ready for the fun parts.
2) What's your favorite color of Peeps (yellow, purple, or pink)?
I'm not a fan at all. Sorry. Never liked marshmallows much, except those cooked over a bonfire. Now Peeps like that might be yummy!
3) All this talk of sweets is making Sam hungry. What's for lunch?
I haven't eaten anything today, and last night I had a small bag of Cool Ranch Doritos from the hospital vending machine (I spent the night in the Emergency Department, yet again). I should probably do something about that!
4) This song was introduced by country singer Gene Autry, and it's still a favorite. Please share some of the lyrics. (And you're on your own; Sam didn't include a link to the song this week.)
Well, I'm gonna pass on this one. I'm the laziest looker-upper that there ever was. Ask Hubs. He's the look-it-up guy in the family. Besides, I'm guessing everyone else will probably do it, and then my answer will be sorta redundable. Sorry, Sam! ;)
5) Gene Autry was so popular that a town in Oklahoma named itself for him. Have you ever been to Oklahoma?
I haven't really been to much of the heartland, no. I've definitely been up and down the East Coast a billion times more than I've gone inland at all. Kinda lame. I should do something about that, too.
6) In addition to singing, Mr. Autry made 93 cowboy movies. What's the last movie you saw?
Hubs and I tried to go see American Hustle while our eldest child babysat her siblings, but she called us to come home about 1/3 of the way into it. Kinda crappish, because it was really good already. Don't spoil it if you've seen it!
7) He and his horse Champion also had a TV show. Can you name another famous horse?
How about Gumby's Pokey? I don't want to say Mr. Ed, because I'm guessing he'll be a popular answer, and I don't like to go with the crowd. Or how about Secretariat, for a more realistic exampe?
8) Gene Autry also recorded "Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer," and it was, of course, wildly popular, too. Who is your favorite recording artist?
I'm not good at picking such favorites. I like so many. Right now I'm crushing on John Legend, thanks to his current hit, "All of Me." I wish someone would sing that to me!
9) Back to the holiday celebration at hand -- Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated?
A good nap, followed by a soak in a tub. I'm about to go do the latter right now. Try not to picture that; it's not pretty, people.
Thanks for stopping by!