Since I was MIA last weekend on Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing (no comment on that), I'm going to do both weeks today and tomorrow, m'kay? You're cool with that, right? Good. Let's go.
Link up here if you're playing along with the rest of us jokers!
Saturday 9: The End of the Innocence
1) "The End of the Innocence" is one of Crazy Sam's favorite songs. Do you like it? Loathe it? Or is it before your time?
Sadly, I can't claim it's before my time. It's Don Henley - what's not to love??
2) Obviously Don Henley was a smoker back in the 1980s. Do you smoke? Are you a former smoker? Or did you never start?
I'm going to alienate some people here and say that smoking and intelligence are mutually exclusive in this day and age. No, I never started, TYVM. ;)
3) Childhood is generally considered an innocent time. In what town did you spend yours?
Psht. Innocent, mine was not. I split my childhood between the greater NYC - including nearby Jersey - area and Central New York.
4) Do you abide by "innocent until proven guilty?" Or did you come to your own, pre-trial conclusions about famous defendants like Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson?
I wasn't there; I don't know what really happened. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
5) Is there an old TV show whose cast you'd like to see reunite?
Sadly, Three's Company and The Dukes of Hazzard have lost crucial members, so I guess I'll be kinda sorta lame and go with Friends. Or what about Cheers? They're all still alive and kicking, right??
6) Do you know how to ride a horse?
I have ridden a horse, but I suppose that is a different question. I've never been taught, per se.
7) You're ordering ice cream. Cup or cone?
As long as it's sugar-free, fat-free yogurt instead, a spoonful or two out of a cup will have to suffice these days, thanks.
8) Do you believe a gentleman should help a lady with her coat?
Yes. I do. It's just the nice thing to do. In my marriage, chivalry is most definitely not dead. ;D
9) Which search engine do you use most often?
Swagbucks is ALL I use, so I can get lots of free Amazon.com moolah, woot!
And now for last week's post:
1) Do you believe there's only one person (and there ain't no other) for you? Or do you think we can truly love several partners over the course of our lives?
I don't think there is THE ONE for anyone. I just think if you happen to find "The One," it's the first "The One" you ran into, happily for you, but that there are many more out there with whom you'd be equally (or more) compatible. Is that unusually cynical and unromantic of me? I suppose it is, but I've always felt that way.
2) Do you have this, or any other, Xtina song on your iPod/mp3 player?
Nyet. Unless you count her appearance on Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger," which I do have.
3) Christina Aguilera won a Grammy for her performance of this song. What do you deserve an award for? And who would you thank in your acceptance speech?
I would thank Wonderful Pistachios for my award for "Most craps taken in a single week as a result of eating salty nuts." Heh. TMI?
4) Christina Aguilera has her own brand of perfume. Do you have a fragrance or scent you regularly wear?
I wear a variety of Jafra scents. I mix it up, like, every other day. Nothing floral for me, though, blech.
5) Do you have any allergies?
I'm allergic to Anceph (an antibiotic), Percocet, and Bullshit.
6) There's an older lady who proclaims during a TV commercial, "I will give up beer, bread, wine or soda but I won't give up Life Alert!" No, we're not going to debate her diet. Instead the question is: What are some of the staples that are always on your grocery list?
I have three kids 11 and under, so: milk, mac & cheese, and fruit snacks. :\
7) What's your favorite sitcom of all time?
The Big Bang Theory kills me every time! I lurve it. LURVE.
8) When it comes to your socks, do you prefer solids, stripes or prints?
I don't give a crap if they even match, as long as they fit. This coming from a size 6-foot owner who wears sox maybe half-a-dozen times a year. I don't care if there are ten feet of snow on the ground; gimme my Crocs flipper-floppers! (Although if there are ten feet of snow, chances are I'm in the wrong latitude.)
9) At what age do you consider a person "middle aged?" And when do they transition to "old?"
Oh, God. I can't answer this. My husband just turned 40. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!