Linky linky here, peepers!
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Well, I was enormously pregnant with our identical twin sons, awaiting their arrival and about to go into pre-term labor. That would take me on a downward spiral for the next three or so years... We had just been through a supertyphoon, in Guam (see previous post, Saturday 9), and I was declared unfit to survive on the island under those conditions. Hm. Shoulda stayed, but hindsight is 20/20.
2. By this time next year, I ...
... plan to be fully settled in Miami, proudly watching my husband go to college for the first time. Woot! I can't wait to see how it goes for him!
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
Yes, and yes. I have a strong feeling Hill C. will be the one.
4. Which fictional TV show character you would shag anytime?
Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory - it would probably be terrible, but it would also be funny, fer darned sher!
5. Who is your greatest enemy?
Often, I would say it's me, myself and I.
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
I went down to South Carolina a few weeks ago to allow my son to visit my dad for a week, and then dipped into North Carolina to pick him up again. Like I said, hindsight... I'm sure it'll never happen again, so I hope they both enjoyed it!
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I use the dictionary more frequently, but I use the thesaurus more earnestly. Whatever the hell that means.
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
Look up. All the way up at the top of the screen. There it is, pal.
9. What are you dreading at the moment?
Blowing my nose again in T-minus five minutes. My poor schnozz is so sore!
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
I used to, but I figure, they can click away as easily as I can hit the "delete" button on anything nasty anyone puts out there, right? I put lots of myself out there on the line, here and on Facebook, and somehow I still have tons of friends and "friends," so it's all right in the end.
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
No. Again, I refer you to my last post, with my "before" and "four years after" surgery pictures. After going from a size 26 to a size 2-6 (depending on the maker), I don't ever intend to pay money for something that does not fit well again!
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
Oh, lots of things, Hubs will tell you, but recycling everything I possibly can is probably the star of that show.
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?
Science and Health, with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, together with The Bible
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
Hands down, if I couldn't hang with all four of those lovely ladies, it would have to be Estelle Getty's character, Sophia. Not unlike my own Sophia, she was a pistol!
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?
Other than any prescription that requires the name-brand version, I would rather not buy cheese at all than by that crappy generic version. Blech!
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
Five or six. I remember the day I found out about Santa, clear as a bell. My sister and I found out together from our neighbor and BFF, Ursula. I don't remember being upset, just shocked that my parents would lie to me!
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
Infant formula puke - the smell of the formula is almost as bad, IMNSHO!
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you?
Without fail, I do.
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, what are you doing?
It depends on my starting point and if plane fare is involved, but it probably involves Manhattan!
20. What is the most used item in your home?
I would say my iPhone, but instead I'm going to say the toilet. Because there are five of us and one measly li'l bathroom in this ramshackle abode. There. I have now stooped to discussing the commode on my blahg. Happy? ;)
Have a spectacular week, fogies!
Thanks for stopping by!