Welcome, 9ers! Link up here if you're playing along this week.
1. Have you ever been to the opera?
Nope, I never have. It's on my bucket list, though! I have been to the ballet...
2. Maria Callas was often called a "diva." Is that a compliment or a criticism?
Either way, it's always an earned title. Whether it's got a positive connotation usually depends on the woman's talent, whereas negative intent usually depends on the person's attitude.
3. Aida was composed by the famous Italian Giuseppe Verde. In addition to opera, what else can the world thank Italy for?
Oh, come on! How long have you got? I think the list should begin and end with ravioli, though. Yummo!
4. Verdi was Italian, and Callas was Greek. Would you rather vacation in Italy or Greece?
Been there, done both. Equally beautiful and intriguing, though quite different from each other. I'd go back if given the opportunity, but I'm aiming for Australia and Japan!
5. The Marx Bros. starred in A Night at the Opera. What's the funniest movie you have ever seen?
You know, off the top of my head, I keep coming back to Borat. Sure, it's horrible at best, but I laughed my freakin' ass off!
6. What's for dinner tonight?
We went out for Japanese hibachi, to use up one of our many Restaurant.com certificates before we move away from this place. Everything was awesome, except for the very beginning and the very end: My GPS couldn't find the place, so I called and was given the WORST. DIRECTIONS. EVER. And then, when it came time to pay our bill, I couldn't find my purse. We had to use Rob's card, which had just gone through the wash, and it got declined. Talk about panic! I finally found my purse and the payment went right through, but whew! I didn't quite know what to do for a minute there!
The rest of the meal was fantab, though, and I came away just loving my family and our little life.
7. Are you wearing any jewelry right now?
Yes, my wedding and engagement rings, and my nose ring. I never take that out - I've even left it in for various surgeries and procedures (much to the anesthesiologists' utmost chagrin).
8. Sam Winters has a scratchy throat and watery eyes. How do you treat the common cold?
With a heavy dose of complaining, a drop of kvetching, and a pinch of bellyaching! I am such an accomplished whiner!
9. Do you need your glasses (or contacts) when you drive?
Oh, hell yes. Otherwise, look out! I have admitted to my husband for the first time this night (though not for the first time to myself) that I am not such the great driver; I think my ability has declined over the past 10 years, actually. But if I couldn't see? Fahgeddaboutit!
Have a great night, y'all! See you on the 'morrow...