Link up here if you're playing along this weekend!
- What was your first alcoholic drink?
A shot of Goldschlager, when I was 17. I had many of them, with my older friends. I continued in college, up to a point, but I will probably never touch the stuff again! And now I can't stand the smell of cinnamon.
- What was your first job?
I was a cashier at Big M Market outside of Syracuse, NY, when I was in high school. I loved that job, and I loved my customers, and I loved cashiering. I still do. That's where I met the Goldschlager friends, incidentally.
- What was your first car?
A 1991 Ford Escort wagon. It looked a lot like that, only shinier and newer. It did not meet with a happy ending. (Thanks, Dad.)
- What was your first mobile phone?
I'm pretty sure it was a Nokia candy bar, but I'm not certain. When we moved back to the States from Guam in 2003, we decided to go cell-only, using no landline. We signed up with nTelos, which was okay, but T-Mobile was much better until we couldn't get service in our house. AT&T service is okay, but what a rip!
- What is your first proper memory?
I was three. My mom and sister were in the kitchen and living room, respectively, and I was running, shrieking with laughter, from them toward my bedroom, with my arms raised up over my head. I don't remember why I was so happy, but I was. I remember it as if I was watching myself from above, for some reason.
- Who was your first teacher?
Mrs. Rabinow was my first teacher. I always thought it looked like "rainbow," though. I loved her.
- Which fictional character do you wish was real?
I'm a chocolate fiend, so maybe Willy Wonka? That would be fun... I'd love to be Charlie!
- Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
I'm not entirely sure, since I've been flying forever, but it may have been to my grandparents' in New Jersey. I used to fly back and forth from Syracuse to Newark all. the. time.
- Who is your first best friend?
Her name is Lisa, and I love her to pieces and bits!
- What was your first detention for?
I don't think I ever got detention, but I was in ISS once, for a couple of days! So unlike me. Our chorus class, in junior high, was split into two sections, and the first section left 10 minutes earlier. I used to leave early, even though I was in the second section, so I could get to lunch sooner. I rarely ate breakfast by then, so I was starving. I even passed out in choir once! Anyway, I got caught, and they punished me with ISS.
- What's your strongest sense?
Probably my sense of touch. I get very sensitive when things (literally) rub me the wrong way. I don't know. Maybe smell...? Definitely not sight (I just found out I have glaucoma) or hearing (I'm so deaf)!
- Who was your first kiss?
Again, I was in junior high, and his name was Ken. My first real boyfriend. Those kisses... unforgettable! ;)
- What was the first film you remember seeing at the cinema?
The first movie I can remember seeing was E.T., at the drive-in theater. We went there a lot. I loved it - loved it!!
- What's the largest amount of money you've ever won?
- I just won a $10 gift card to Dollar General, does that count? I never play the lottery...
- What's the largest amount of money you've spent in one spree?
Five grand, recently, but it was all on bills and debts. I'm not sure I've gone on a real shopping spree, ever, but maybe a couple hundred bucks in that case.
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Maybe, "CAUTION: Not for the faint of heart"
- Have you ever gotten sweet revenge on anyone?
- What's that they say? "The best revenge is living well"? Well, I may not be living high on the horse, but I've got a happy family now, and so that's my version.
- Have you ever been to a live concert?
Sure, I have. A bunch. Blue Man Group was awesome, so they came to mind first.
- Have you ever been to see stand up comedy?
Hubs and I share a love of Steven Wright, and we got to see him "in concert" way back when Jack was a babe, so maybe in 2004 or so, in Norfolk, VA. Hee-larious, even though not much of the material was new to us.
- Have you ever needed stitches?
With three C-sections, a hysterectomy, and gastric bypass under my belt (ha! pun not intended), I've needed more staples than stitches. I can't even remember a smaller cut where I've needed stitches. Some close calls, but not quite.
Welp, that's all folks! Have a great weekend.