I'm not feeling well (food poisoning, I'm quite sure, so I'm doing my first post from my iPhone. Apologies for any weird formatting!)
1. What is the last book that you passed on to someone else to read?
The Hunger Games, before I read it, sadly. I didn't know how into it I was going to be!
2. The one song you secretly (or not) want to sing at karaoke?
I've never done karaoke. It's on my bucket list to get drunk and belt out "What's up?" by The Four Non-Blondes
3. If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I like Melanie, but Ann is boring. I need something more colorful, like moi. Maybe Melanie Penelope Wilhelmina Caliope Gutierrez???
4. What do you wish your boss would notice?
I am my own boss, so I wish she would notice how hard I work and give me some slack!
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
In driving, it's being behind someone taking the sloooooooowest right turn ever. In a crowded mall, it's people with their baby stroller who stop and bend over to check on the tot in the middle of the walkway. Really?? Move to the side! In general, it's smokers smoking around doorways (of restaurants, hospitals, whatever I'm passing through) and children. Get a clue. No one wants your stank-ass air-cancer.
6. What holds you back from pursuing your biggest dream?
A combo of fear and lack of funds
7. Why do you think you are a lovable person?
Oh gosh. That's actually a hard one for me. I struggle with that. I guess I have to say that it's simply in the wanting to be, and the trying to be.
8. If every day had an extra hour in it, what would you do with it?
More of the same shit I do now, I guess! I'm not limited by time much right now.
9. What was the last song you turned up in your car or house?
Car - Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"
House - Nikki Williams' "Glowing"
10. What is your secret talent?
I'm a good kisser, and I can balance a spoon on my nose.
11. What's your favorite thing to do outside when it's not too cold in Winter?
I live in Miami, so I love to go to the beach and thumb my nose at the calendar!
12. How do you respond if someone asks you an inappropriate or nosy question?
In theory, I make like Ann Landers and ask, "Why do you need to know that?" But in practice, I usually stammer my way through a real answer.