Link up here if you're a latecomer, too!
"Baby" and Johnny in Dirty Dancing!
2) Even though he was only 5'8 and had a receding hairline, Humphrey Bogart was a popular leading man. What movie or TV actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat?
Matt Damon is just plain yummy!!
3) Sweethearts are those little heart-shaped candies that are printed with messages like, "Be Mine" and "Kiss Me." Do you like how they taste?
No. I never have. I almost bought a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs tonight, though, but I refrained, remembering the last holiday lbs I'm still trying to remove...
4) Valentine's Day is a big day for florists. When is the last time a floral arrangement adorned your table or desk?
Hubs had his brain surgery on February 5th. The next day, after I picked up the children from their sitter and we subsequently visited him in the hospital, we were driving home and spotted one of Miami's ubiquitous street vendors (and I mean middle-of-the-road, dodging traffic) selling flowers. I'm the spontaneous sort, so I pulled right over and let the kids choose a bouquet for their dad. He was recuperating on the 9th floor, the Neuro floor, with shades drawn to protect his head from pain. They decided on these sunflowers, now all but dead, to bring the sunshine to him without hurting him. Sweet kids, we have. ♥
5) Do you think an e-card means as much as a conventional card in an envelope?
In the sense that it's the thought that counts, sure, why not? They're thinking of you, so what does the medium matter?
6) Despite what you see on Valentines, the human heart isn't bright red. It's really a brownish shade of red, like a brick. Now it's your turn. Share some trivia that's been rattling around in your head.
A male shark will bite the female shark with whom he's mating in order to help hold on and get those claspers into her cloaca. In the female, the flesh is thicker where the males typically bite, to protect her from pain.
7) When is the last time you thought your heart would break?
On Monday, Hubs pushed himself so hard, too fast, and as a result was in so much pain, I sobbed and hyperventilated just watching him suffer. That was pretty heartbreaking, and on Valentine's Day, I had to get him readmitted into the hospital. ♥
8) What is the most recent thing to lift your heart?
The same night he was readmitted, Friday night, I talked to the children on the two hour-long drive home about needing to give me extra help around the house while Daddy was recuperating. I told them I would take care of the dishes, laundry, and the rest of the house, if they would just clean their rooms and bathroom. After we returned home, I was more physically and emotionally weary than I can ever remember being in my entire life, and I had to ask Chloë to switch laundry loads for me so the clothes in the washer wouldn't get stinky. I started to apologize for having to ask her, but she interrupted me to say, "Mom, it's okay: I understand." Two kinder words have never been spoken.
9) Who is the most "hard-hearted" person you know?
My dad is pretty embittered by his circumstances. He's difficult.
Thanks for stopping by!