Link up here if you want. No pressure, dude.
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
2) It's about that glorious passion you feel when you first fall for someone. How many times have you been in love?
I'm a highly emotional female (and no, I don't mean that in the "duh, isn't that redundant?" sense; I truly feel my emotions more strongly than most people do, per my psychotherapist - it's both a blessing and a curse), so my answer is 'more times than I can count.'
3) San Francisco radio stations briefly removed "I Feel the Earth Move" from their playlists after the 1989 earthquake. Have you ever been in an earthquake and literally felt "the earth move under your feet?"
First of all, that's f**king hilarious. Second of all, yes, but it wasn't until I looked it up online that I realized that's what it really was, because how often do you hear about earthquakes in Miami? Thirdly, funny story: My sister and I used to sneak into my parents' bedroom in the mornings and tickle his feet. One morning, he was shouting at us to quit it; only, it wasn't us but rather an earthquake waking him up!
5) Carole wrote "You've Got a Friend," which was a mega hit for her good pal, James Taylor. King and Taylor have known one another for more than 40 years, but have never been romantically involved. Do you have any platonic friends of the opposite sex?
6) Like more than 80% of the population, Carole is right handed. Are you right handed, left handed (10%) or that most rare of all, ambidextrous (less than 10%)?
7) One of Carole King's earliest hits was Little Eva's "The Loco-Motion." Little Eva was the teenager King hired to care for her young children. Tell us about a sitter who cared for you when you were little.
9) Carole wrote "Pleasant Valley Sunday," the Monkees' song about conspicuous consumption. When Crazy Sam looks at her crowded shelf of hair products (paraben-free conditioner, keratin-restoring conditioner, hair masque, hot oil conditioner …), she realizes she's guilty of it herself. Have you bought anything recently that you later decided was a waste of money?