Link up here if you're playing along this weekend!
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) Popular music has produced almost countless groups, but not that many duos. Besides Sonny & Cher, can you name another?
I'm loving The Madden Brothers' song, "We Are Done" right now!
Honestly? Nothing. I didn't wake up until about 2:30 in the afternoon, but in my defense, it's because I really screwed up my meds this week and I get "stuck" asleep and have trouble waking when that happens. I should be back on track now, though. And we still got in a full week of school!
3) When she was growing up, Cher practiced her autograph for when she became a star. Is your signature legible? Or is it more of a scrawl?
It's more of a scrawl now, though it used to be legible. I recently changed it, without having any explanation.
4) In addition to showbiz, Sonny & Cher had many careers: Sonny was a restauranteur and politician, Cher is an interior designer. Would you like to try your hand at any of those professions?
I'd love to be an interior designer! I've actually thought about going into it.
5) In 1965, when this song topped the charts, Sonny and Cher were as famous for their wardrobe as for their music. Sonny was fond of tall, heavy-heeled boots while Cher often paired granny dresses with bare feet. What's on your feet right now?
Call me Cher; as usual, I've got bare feet, too. With blue polish on my toenails.
6) By 1968, their career crashed. Cher's early attempts as a movie actress failed, their records stopped selling and the IRS came after them for back taxes. Have you ever been audited?
Knock wood: no.
7) In 1971 they were on top again with their TV show. But their marriage was coming apart. Sonny said, "For the last 5 years I worried about our career, not about us." Have you ever been guilty of putting career before relationship?
Oh yes, but truthfully, that relationship was doomed from the start.
9) While their separation and divorce were bitter, they resumed their friendship when Cher showed up at the opening of his restaurant in 1976. Have you ever made the first move in repairing a relationship?
Thanks for stopping by!