Link up here if you think you can handle it, ey?
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) The lyrics say, "I'm as proud as a girl can be." Tell us about something you're proud of.
I graduated at the top of my high school and college classes. Not valedictorian, no, but right up there. After spending a week in New York going to my high school reunion, I can tell you that I need to find something else of which to be proud! ;)
2) This song is from her first CD, The Soul Sessions. She's told interviewers that the first CD she ever owned was by Aretha Franklin: Greatest Hits. So while we're talking firsts, do you remember your first CD (or tape or record)?
I think my first tape was Milli Vanilli! Hahaha... and yes, my taste in music continues to be as stellar!
3) Last year, two men were convicted of plotting to kill Joss Stone. Even though she had (fortunately!) never even met the men, she still had to testify during their trial. Have you ever had to speak to a judge?
Yup, and even though I want to be a family court judge myself, it's very intimidating for someone of my intestinal fortitude (or lack thereof)! The first time, I had to explain why I flipped off a cop. Long story short, I won. Case dismissed!
4) Joss is frequently in the British press because of her friendship with Princes William and Harry. Who among your friends leads the most exciting life?
Hmmm. Probably, amongst my closest pals, Shana. At least before kids, when she played in concert with the likes of Josh Groban. I was so impressed by that!
5) Because of dyslexia, Joss had trouble in school and dropped out when she was 16. What's the last grade you completed?
I did three semesters of Ph.D. work, followed by a semester of my master's, before I gave up academia for marriage and motherhood.
7) Sam is especially crazy this morning because she can't find her phone. What's the last thing you misplaced?
8) After composing this Saturday 9, Sam is off to Lowe's to pick up some heavy duty indoor/outdoor trash bags. Will you be in any stores this weekend?
9) Do you consider yourself more book smart, or street smart?
Thanks for stopping by!