Link up here if you're playing along today!
Saturday 9: Here I Go Again (1982)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song originally appeared on Whitesnake's Saints and Sinners album. Are you feeling more saintly or sinful this morning?
No one's all good or all bad, and I'm definitely a healthy mixture of both. ;)
Sure. Hubs and I talk about expatriating all the time. Well, living on a boat and traveling the world while home-porting somewhere in the US isn't technically expatriation, but close enough. My dad, on the other hand, would do it in a heartbeat if he could afford the destination he desires.
3) In the song, Coverdale says he "was born to walk alone." Do you enjoy time on your own? Or do you quickly get bored or lonely?
Intelligent people should not ever get bored. Boring people get bored. I don't get bored. I love my own company.
4) During the band's 1980s heyday, Coverdale was known for his skintight leather pants. Do you own leather pants or slacks?
I try not to own leather anything. I'm not vegan anymore, not even a full-on vegetarian (more like pescetarian), so owning leather goes against my general principles. I don't own a leather coat or leather shoes, either. (Crocs are my friends.)
5) What about snakeskin?
Ditto the above response.
6) It's estimated that 20,000 people die of snake bite every year. Approximately 1,000 suffer fatal spider bites. Less than 50 are killed each year by sharks. Considering sharks, spiders and snakes, which do you find scariest?
I've swam with sharks and would do it again in a heartbeat. It's a wild thrill. I've had snakes writhe all over me, but I do not relish it. I had a spider bite on the back of my head 14 years ago, and I can STILL feel it. So... I'll say spiders? I'm not afraid of bugs and arachnids in general, but I don't want them touching me without first gaining my express written permission.
7) In 1982, when this song was popular, the world lost Princess Grace of Monaco. Before she became a royal, she was film star Grace Kelly. Have you ever seen a Grace Kelly movie?
My parents took me to see it at the drive-in theater. I was six then. It's one of the few memories I have of my mother alive, so I cherish this movie.
9) Random question: How many timepieces will you have to reset when we spring ahead this weekend?
Most reset on their own now, but I'll still have to do the van, the microwave, and the stove. Thanks for the reminder!
Have a grand Saturday, y'all!
Thanks for stopping by!