Link up here, Turtledove, if you're completely awesome and stuff!
1. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?
Nope. No cowburgers for me. On my veggie burger, I'll take some wilted cheese and sautéed onions. That's good for me!
3. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?
Hmm. I'd ask, what up with not making better strides for the Environment and our bass-ackward Education system, Dude?!
4. It’s your first day of vacation, what are you doing?
Hmm. Since I live pretty much at the beach, maybe I'd go to ... the beach! Haha! Hey, man, love the freakin' ocean, what can I say? But if I'm traveling not near a beach, then definitely exploring off the beaten path, where the locals go and not the tourists.
5. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?
A super-dooper-extra-large Diet Coke. Anything else is optional.
6. Which do you dislike more: pop-up ads or spam email?
My Yahoo email spam filter works pretty well, but so does my pop-up blocker, so... I guess pop-ups. Neither one is a major irritant in my life, though.
7. What do you think Captain Hook’s name was before he had a hook for a hand?
Eek!! Hmm... Bartholomew. That's my guess.
8. Rock, paper, or scissors?
What's wrong with Lizard and Spock? I'd choose Lizard, in that case.
9. Let's say a brick fell on your foot, and your kid is standing right next to you, what is your 'cleaned up’ swear word?
Honey, I'm not of those awesome mommies who doesn't swear in front of the kids. I don't hit them, either, or neglect or otherwise abuse them. So if you think it's bad to swear in front of your kids, and yet you're a smoker (around kids) or do other things that damage or harm them, well, then, fuck you! ;)
10. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?
Too quiet is bad for me. It is actually quite maddening, in fact.
11. What is one quality that you really appreciate in a person?
I think Loyalty is the one that endears you to me the absolute most.
12. At the good old general store, what particular kind of candy would you expect to be in the big jar at the counter?
Wax Coke Bottles... but you can actually still get these. I've bought them here in Miami, actually!
13. What is the most distinguishing landmark in your city?
I would have to say it's the Art Deco district in Miami's South Beach. Trés cool!
14. Everyone hears discussions that they consider boring. What topic can put you to sleep quicker than any other?
Anything related to finances. Economics. Snoozefest!
15. How many times did it take you to pass your drivers test?
My dad was shocked I didn't fail, but I didn't! Take that, mofo!
16. If you had to have the same topping on your vanilla ice cream for the rest of your life, what topping would you choose?
Peanut Butter Sundaes are THE best thing that ever happened to vanilla ice cream, y'all. YUMMO!
17. What food item would need to be removed from the market altogether in order for you to live a healthier, longer life?
Without question, it's the Coca Dieta. That shit's gonna kill me one day.
18. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?
With my luck? I'll keep the fitty bucks.
19. If you had to choose, which would you give up: cable TV, or DSL/cable internet?
I can and have lived without TV. The internet, perish the thought!!! :O
20. What is your highest level of education?
I worked on my Ph.D. in the ecological and functional morphology of the feeding mechanism of elasmobranch fishes for two years. I was taking a break from it when I married Rob. 17 or so days later, we found out I was pregnant with Chloë Raine. I have never gone back.
21. How much is a gallon of gas in your city? What was the highest it’s been?
It's about $2.60/gallon where I fill up. It's been lower, but it's been much, much higher. So I'm good.
22. What kind of lunch box did you have as a kid?
I had a red Snoopy and Woodstock lunchbox, much like this one. Loved that thing!
23. What would you rather have, a nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, or a chauffeur?
I have this exact sign hanging up in my house. Take a guess!
24. Would you rather be trapped in an elevator, or stuck in traffic?
I would MUCH rather be stuck in traffic. As annoying as that is, it doesn't freak me the f--- out!!!
And yes, I realize I didn't need to bleep that out after swearing previously in this post. Oh, well.
Thanks for being here!
Thanks for stopping by!