Link up here if you're thievin' today, too!
1. What is your dream career, and what path do you plan to take to get there?
In a perfect world, I would be an author. I love writing. However, I'm lazy. I've started a book, like, a year ago, but I only have the chapter outline finished. The actual writing is still all in my head. Someday, someday... I will have the guts to get it out.
2. Whom do you aspire most to be like?
It's not the cool answer, but it's a true one: I am a Christian, and I aspire to be like Christ. Trust me, I fail a WHOLE lot. But I can keep trying.
3. What do you like in a best friend?
My best friends share the same qualities: Loyal and supportive, funny as hell, smart as whips, and tell me the truth when I really need to hear it.
4. Do you currently have any squishes (people you really want to be best friends with)?
This question is silly. Next?
5. What is your ideal platonic relationship?
That would be my same answer as #3. My best friends are my ideal platonic relationships; except Hubs, of course, my true bestie.
6. Best late night IM/phone conversation story.
When Hubs was in the hospital this past week, he literally called me every five minutes, all day long. Hundreds of calls. He was bored and lonely. Poor guy! (And yes, of course, I was over there visiting every day, several times.)
7. List one person you’d like to wear the sweater of, one person you’d like to bake cookies with, and one person you’d like to drive around and get lost with. (can be celebrities or fictional characters, has to be three different people and not all the same person)
I don't understand the sweater question?? But I don't want to wear a sweater, because that would mean it's cold outside, and I don't do cold, y'all.
I pity the fool who doesn't know Martha Stewart is my idol, so I would looooove to bake cookies with her!
And honestly, I would not like to drive around and get lost, either. I have to know where I am going and where I am at all times, or I panic. Like, straight-up, full-on, panic. It's not a good time for me. (What the hell did I do before Google Maps and GPS?!)
8. Describe your current best friend(s).
You know all about Hubs, so I'll talk about my beloved "Dr. Lisa." I met her in middle school in sixth grade, and we've been friends for the 27 years since. We rarely argue, since she's so chill and accepting of the fact that I am not chill. We connect on an intellectual level, and she laughs at all my stupid jokes and antics. I love her to death. I also love that she's in the medical field and puts up with my calling her every time some health issue comes up - which is altogether too often. I love you, Dr. Lisa!
9. What is a strange, little-known fact about you?
I have Tardive Dyskinesia, a side effect of taking my Bipolar Disorder medicine, Abilify. It drives me absolutely crazy: my legs are always twitching, and my face is always moving. My jaw goes up and down, my tongue gets stuck up in the roof of my mouth, and it even happens in public. I can't control it without a whole lot of concerted effort. I hate it!
10. What is a career you wanted to have when you were younger, and still kind of want to have now?
I wanted to be a marine biologist throughout my teens. I studied to be a marine biologist. I was a marine biologist. I gave it up to get married and be Mom. I sometimes miss it... a great deal. But I would not give up being a wife and mom for anything. And the "What I actually do" part in the funny pic above? It is absolutely true.
11. If you could have tea and pleasant conversation with one person, who would it be?
Kate Middleton. I don't know, I just like the looks of her. Yeah. Kate. (Congratulations on the Baby Princess, Mama!)
12. If you had a time machine, what era would you go to?
I'd like to visit the 50s and go to a sock hop in a poodle skirt, but then I'd have to go back to the present, 'cause I could not settle for being a good little 1950s wifey. Yeah, I mean, that's what I do, but that's not what I am. If that makes sense.
13. What celebrity or historical figure would you love to have as your best friend and why?
Are these two taking applications?
14. What fictional character would you love to have as your best friend and why?
I would pick Anne. I loved the Anne of Green Gables books, and I think I would be a kindred spirit of hers. I love her!
15. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
If I could wish for anything, and get it, I would wish that Hubs has a complete recovery and starts living the retirement that he absolutely deserves. ♥
16. If you were trapped on a deserted island and could only take one item, what would it be?
Sunscreen! I mean, there are a lot of things I would pick to take with me if I could, but I would be exposed to a lot of sunlight, and I am one pale-ass mofo, y'all. Or yeah, that hat.
17. If you could pick one career other than the one you are pursuing/plan to pursue, what would it be?
In my wildest dreams, I would be a singer. A really good singer. So that won't happen...
18. What is your best memory you have with a friend?
Nothing major. Just sitting, talking about nonsense, and laughing our fool heads off... those are the best times.
19. Do you have any peculiar interests that most people don’t know about?
Yeah, I read celebrity gossip mags like Us Weekly and People. I like my celeb fix. I'm not too proud of it!
20. What were your favorite childhood toys? Do you still have them?
I had three Cabbage Patch Kids: A white, redheaded one named Auberta Lenora; a black one I begged my racist (and probably bewildered) father for named Tiffany Jacqueline when I was eight; and then I got a brunette cornsilk one named Andrea Gina. Obviously, they meant a lot to me, since I still remember their names 30 years later!
My daughters have them now. They don't appreciate the history that goes into them, either personally or culturally since that was when the Cabbage Patch craze swept the nation. They're wrecked now. I try not to be sad about it. They're just... things.
21. Favorite baked good?
I don't like cake (unless its first name is Ice Cream!), but man, can I kill a batch of chocolate chip cookies. People used to ask me how I could still be chubby when I was a vegan. Dude. There ain't no meat in donuts.
22. If your best friend were here right now, what would you do with them?
I don't know, we're both mommies and stuff now, so we'd probably just have our whole families together for a great dinner (maybe some Arab food, since her hubs is Palestinian), go swim in her pool (if we were up at her place in NY) or the beach (if we were here in Miami), and just lauuuugh and lauuuugh. Something simple but real.
23. Who would you love to play video games with?
What am I, 12? No.
24. If you could visit any country, which one would it be?
Hands-down, my top pick would be Australia. I can't wait to go someday.
25. Are there any friends you miss having around?
Why isn't this called the "friends meme"? Fo'real, yo. Anyway... yes! All of them! ALL!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by!