Link up here if you're playing along today!
Birds Are Chirping Meme
Name a product you buy mostly because it has a cool package.
I don't think this is applicable. I'm rarely swayed by such superficiality. If it's not a great product with high functionality and a stellar price, I walk away from it.
- What flavor cake do you like for your birthday?
I have a major sweet tooth, but I just can't get behind cake. It's probably the one sweet I can do without. Oh, I know - ice cream cake! ♥ Love ♥
- Have you ever been in love with someone much older or younger than you?
When I was 21, I was seeing my 42-year-old boss on the down-low. That's a big age spread, right? Hubs is four years older than I am, and that's about as extensive at it gets nowadays.
- Have you ever had a job you loved?
I have. I have had few jobs that I did NOT love. Staying in a hated job is just not in my wheelhouse.
- Have you ever been in a building that was on fire?
When I was nearly eight years old, we had a grease fire in our house. Long and traumatic story later, I got burned in the fire all over my legs. I did not get any treatment.
- Are you in an argument with anyone right now?
Not at the moment, but I have an argumentative nature, so give me a minute.
- Would you change your hair color to something outrageous if you would get paid to?
Hells yeah! I want to do it anyway, so please, pay me! ;)
- Have you ever written a poem for someone?
I used to write poems for my sister to give her boyfriend(s) back in school. I've written one published and cash-awarded poem, in college. Other than silliness, I don't think I have composed any poetry since then.
- What is a place where you've vacationed and where you would like to return?
- Do you eat samples at the grocery store?
I do if they're within my dietary needs. Whenever I order cold cuts at the Publix deli, they give me a sample to try and assess the thickness of the cut. I never eat the meat ones, because duh, I don't eat meat. This seems to be personally offensive for many of the deli personnel, so I usually take someone else from my family with me!
- What do you absolutely have to have to make your birthday feel special?
I don't need anyTHING, but to be surrounded by my family and friends is superb.
- What’s the last tourist area you visited?
Probably the Augusta Riverwalk while we were visiting my dad last week. Well, we stopped in Daytona on the way home for a gas and tummy fill-up, but we didn't really visit, so I won't count that.
- Where do you go out to eat for a special occasion?
Next week starts birthday season in Casa de Odette, wherein Hubs will turn 43, Chloë will turn 14 (!!!), and I will be 39 (also !!!). We have had plans for over a month to have a joint birthday dinner - with the other two kids, natch - at The Meltin Pot. I can't WAIT... but I might be the only person in our party who actually gets full off that meal and doesn't need to hit a drive-thru after we leave!
- When was the last time you went to a post office?
I went and dropped off a package yesterday. It had been sitting, languishing, unbeknownst to me by the front door for nearly a month. I got nasty-grams from the eBayer buyer of it, which spurred me to do a look-about. I felt completely chagrined when I actually found it. #OOPS
- Is there an item you are saving up to buy right now?
Yes, we are saving up for a down payment on a house. It's not really public knowledge (well, until right now), but we plan to move from Homestead, Florida, to the Cape Canaveral area come Spring, when our lease is up. I have several reasons for wanting to move, and move there, but you didn't ask. I'm looking forward to it, though!
- Are you psychic in any way?
I don't really believe in psychic talent, but I often dream mundane, everyday things that subsequently happen. I get deja vu quite frequently as a result. Chloë appears to experience the same phenomenon.
- Do you prefer a laptop or desktop? Which are you on now?
This pretty much summarizes what I think about laptops: useful as a nutcracker. I freaking hate laptops with a passion. I'm a desktop girl. I do have a tablet, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it in the past year.
- Have you ever received a gift and truly did not know what it was?
Well, no, I don't think so. I did, however, receive a gift I thought was a joke, and I expressed as much to the giver. Turns out, it was not a joke, and the person was extremely incensed at my lack of gratitude. Embarrassment much? Much.
- What’s your homepage?
- Is there a thing you enjoyed doing, but quit because you were not good at it?
I really, really wanted to be good at sewing, and I started trying and stocked up on a bundle of patterns, fabric, and notions, but alas. I need serious hands-on training, because it just does not come naturally to me like knitting and crocheting do.
* * *
Welp, kids, that's the shizzy for now! Thanks for visiting!