Link up here if you're playing along this weekend!
Saturday 9: That's All (1983)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In the lyrics, Phil Collins sings of a time he was wrong when he thought he was right. Tell us about a recent time when you got it wrong.
Oh gosh. I get it wrong all the time. My biggest mistake was moving us out of our house in Va Beach into a rental, with plans to make the VB house saleable. That didn't work out at ALL. That, my friends, was a huge FAIL. We try not to talk about it now.
2) The song is addressed to a lover that Phil clearly feels is contrary. When he says, "day," she says, "night." Is there anyone in your life who seems to disagree with you all or most of the time?
Yeah, Hubs! We are definitely "day" and "night" people. Sometimes we clash, but most of the time we just really complement each other well. It works out.
3) This was Genesis' first Top 10 hit in the US. Can you name another Phil Collins or Genesis song?
My favorite song is the one that goes, "You have no right.... to ask me how I feel.... You have no right, to speak to me so kind." I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, but it's a Phil duet with a woman, and I lurve it.
4) Phil Collins is a model train enthusiast. Is there anything special that you collect?
Shot glasses from all my travels are my main collection. I love them!
5) Collins was awarded an honorary doctorate from the Berklee College of Music in Boston. At the ceremony, he delivered the commencement address. When did you last give a presentation or deliver a speech?
Not since grad school have I given a real, professional presentation, so we're talking about 17 years... It's NOT my favorite thing!
6) One of Phil Collins' early solo albums was called, Hello, I Must Be Going. He took the title from a song in the 1930 Marx Bros. movie, Animal Crackers. What's the last black and white movie or TV show that you watched?
I couldn't even begin to tell you. It has been far too long. Probably the beginning of Wizard of Oz...
7) In 1983, when this song was popular, the Lotus 1-2-3 program made it easier for PC users to build spreadsheets. Are you answering these questions on a PC or a Mac? Laptop or desktop? Tablet or phone?
I like doing the chicken en papillote as we discussed in prior weeks. No-fail, easy, simple clean-up, and always delish. WINNER!
9) In 1983, President Reagan signed the bill making Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday a holiday. What's your favorite holiday?
The American Independence Day is my favorite. I love everything about it... except, maybe, the abundance of country music that plays during many fireworks shows. I could do without that. ;)
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by!