Link up here if you're playing along today!
Unfortunately, looking at the calendar, my favorite season is Summer. Fortunately, looking at my address, I live in the land of Perpetual Summer.
2) Before they settled on The Four Seasons, they called themselves The Four Lovers, The Romans and The Village Voices. If you were/are in a band, please share the name. Or just make up a cool name for your pretend band.
I was never in a band, but if I was, hmm. There are so many excellent options. Maybe Rubber. As in, The Rubber Band, with all of its potential connotations.
3) Lead singer Frankie Valli has occasionally fudged the year of his birth. Have you ever lied about your age?
When I was 19-20, I lied about being 21 to get into bars and clubs with my older friends. Of course, they checked IDs and/or hand stamps, so my friends would get their hands stamped and then quickly turn around and back-hand my own younger hand so I'd get an imprint. We were such jeenyuses!
New York, my home of birth, is known for so much that I'll go with Florida in its stead. We are known for a super-shitty school system (even worse than much of the country's!), citrus fruits, and stupid criminals - including several of the politicians currently running for Prez. I moved here for the weather, people. The weather is nice.
5) In 1965, Frankie was arrested in Columbus, Ohio. But it wasn't his fault! The bandmate he trusted to pay the group's hotel bill neglected to do so. Tell us about a time when your trusting nature got you in trouble.
One time, my car broke down, and my BFF Dr. Lisa and I got stranded on the side of the Rickenbacker Causeway, which leads from Miami out to Key Biscayne. This was years ago, during her college's Spring Break but not mine, so we were headed to a class or two of mine at U-Miami's Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science. Anyway... someone stopped and offered to help us. We needed a part for the car, and we trusted the guy with two kids, so we gave him the money we had on us to go get it. He never came back. It hurt us both right in the feels.
6) Clint Eastwood directed the movie version of the Four Seasons biography, Jersey Boys. What's your favorite Clint Eastwood movie?
I don't have one. I'm not a fan of his, as an actor or, seeing that he's extremely pro-gun, as a person. Much.
Since Labor Day is the holiday established to celebrate the American worker …
7) According to the U.S. Census, more and more Americans are working from home. Are you one of them?
In a manner of speaking, I do work from home. I also work... everywhere. How's that for vagueness?
8) Of those of us who work outside the home, 75% travel to work alone. 15% take public transportation and the remaining 10% carpool. How do you get to your job?
Sometimes, I stumble out of bed and walk to the living room, and there I am at my job. Sometimes, I drive alone, and sometimes I take a member - or all - of my family with me. It completely depends on the gig.
9) Do you have any big plans for this holiday weekend?
My eldest child is turning 14 on Labor Day, so we have plans to go around and redeem all our (my birthday is the following day, so I often donate mine to her) freebies. It's super-fun!
Thanks for stopping by!