For realsies, y'all: LINK UP HERE to play along this weekend!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
2) In this song, Grandma's troubles start when she drinks too much eggnog. Do you like eggnog?
3) In the song, Grandpa recovers from losing Grandma by drinking beer and playing cards with Cousin Mel. Will you be celebrating the holidays with cousins?
4) When did you most recently drink a beer? Was it in a bottle, a can or a glass?
5) The lyrics refer to "pudding of fig." In "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," the carolers demand figgy pudding. Yet despite its popularity in holiday songs, Sam has never tasted fig pudding. Have you?
6) Thinking of holiday sweets, would you prefer a gingerbread cookie or slice of pumpkin pie?
7) This song was recorded by a duo named Elmo & Patsy. It occurs to Sam that she has never met anyone named Elmo. How about you? Any Elmos in your life?
8) Do you need snow to get "into the spirit?"
9) Random question: Are you going to get/have you gotten a flu shot this year?
- * * *
That was fun. I plan to get around to visiting some of you back this week, so, uh, comment and I'll comment back. (Don't hold your breath, though, because I suck at that. I'm making it one of my New Year's Resolutions for 2016, though!)