Link up here if you're stealing along with the rest of us today!
List 5 things you want to do before the year ends:
- a. Bake Christmas cookies with my family,
b. Go to Christmas Eve candlelight services together,
c. Get our veritable mountain of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away for once,
d. Get everyone's Christmas presents wrapped, and
Buy more groceries and make sure we use up these ^^^ veggies & tilapia from the farm where we get our weekly CSA shares!
- What color are your pants?
They're a bit more red than in this picture, but cherry red not tomato red, on top, and black on the rest.
Favorite motivational quote:
I have this posted on my wall, here in my little office area of the living room. Whenever I'm feeling like poo, I look up at it and remind myself to BE the good, etc.
When was the last time you drank coffee?
- Last night, Chloë and I made a run to Starbucks. She ordered a Java Chip Frappuccino, I ordered an Egg Nog Frapp "Light" with Coconut Milk (minimal dairy for me), and I brought home a Café Mocha for Rob. Technically, I don't think there was any coffee in mine, but I probably had some earlier in the day... maybe?
What was the last thing you ate?
- I've been eating a lot of ice chips lately, so that was the last solid "food" I consumed. I'm not eating much else aside from the ice! It took me a few days to realize I probably have Pica from being extremely anemic. :\
- Favorite animal:
So, my favorite overall animal is of the sea: Shortfin Mako Shark.
- My favorite land animal is the African Elephant.
- And my favorite animal of flight is the soaring Bald Eagle.
- "Near You Always" by Jewel - though I adore that entire album!
Last movie you watched?
- Well, I rented five movies (for FREE!) from the Redbox last night, but we only managed to get two watched (Paper Towns and Shaun The Sheep), but the one I'm really looking forward to watching today is the newer Vacation movie! Yes, I'm totally allowing my kids to watch it. C'mon, it'll be fun..! ;)
Nicole nailed it - in that order, too!
- Any turn-offs?
- Arrogance, lack of sense of humor, and stupidity are my major turn-offs.
List 4 big words off of the top of your head.
- Okay... extraneous, superfluous, garrulous, expediency
- What are some meaningful movies?
- Jodie Foster in The Accused, and
Gabourey Sidibe in Precious really meant a lot to me.
- The two most important people in your life right now?
- No. I cannot do just two. It's these four folks: Rob, Jack, Chloë, and Sophia. They are my life!
What are 3 things you want for Christmas?
- I really, really want the Cards Against Humanity game!
- THIS new printer, which Rob already gave me, because I desperately needed it, and
- OF COURSE I want peace on Earth. Please, please, please, let there be peace.
When was the last time you read a good book?
- These are the five books I just purchased from Audible. I hope I have time to listen to all of them in the next few months!
What was the last thing you studied?
- I studied the ecological and functional morphology of the pharyngeal jaw apparatus of elasmobranch fishes, with this guy:
- Dr. Philip J. Motta, at the University of South Florida in Tampa.
Do you have any nicknames?
- Aside from Smellyann? It's pretty much "Mom," or "Honey."
Favorite kind of perfume?
- It changes. Right now, I'm really digging my JAFRA blends, which have some fruity elements, a little bit of floral, and a little bit of ... allure. I can mix and match which one(s) I use, depending on my mood. Love them!
Do you have any international friends / friends who live out of state?
Yes, of course I have tons of friends (and family) from out-of-state, but I also have lots of international friends. Some of them, I have never even met. I'm hoping to meet Pammy, here, in the next few months. I have "known" her since 2004. She lives in Canada; I shall have to pack warm!
- 20. What is something unique that you do every single day?
I'm in a lot of pain these days, so I am trying to do gentle yoga as much as possible. Sometimes, it's a simple stretch or two. Other times, when I'm having a better day, I get more active. But I have a ways to go before I look this beautiful whilst doing it!
- If there was a movie based on your life, what would it be called?
- It would be called Does That Make Me Crazy?
When was the last time you bought a gift for someone?
- I bought a drift fishing trip for Rob and Jack for Christmas, last. Shhh, don't tell Jack!
Are you a shopaholic?
- In-store, not so much, but online... I have to be careful!
What are some songs that always make you feel better?
The #1 song to get me in a good mood, up and dancing on my feet is "Kiss" by Prince. Guaranteed.
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by!