Playing along this weekend? Link up here to join the rest of the Saturday 9ers! It won't hurt a bit...
Saturday 9: Sleigh Ride (1993)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Have you ever ridden in a sleigh?
A sled, yes; an actual sleigh, no... not yet.
I did! I added Kelly Clarkson's 2013 Christmas-themed album, Wrapped in Red. I love it! I love her. Beautiful voice.
3) Harry was born and raised in New Orleans, a city that seldom sees snow. Have you had enough snow to shovel so far this winter?
I hear it has been pretty mild in northern parts of the US this winter, so maybe thanks to El Niño, everyone will answer "no." It has not snowed in Miami since the mid-70s, and I was there then. Well, okay, I was visiting in Fort Lauderdale at the time, but I was down here and remember the snow! If we did get snow this winter, it would certainly be major (bad) news.
Uhhh, oops! Nope, but I do have the app sending me constant "It's going to rain in 3 minutes" warnings. Which is pretty stupid, being that it rains every three minutes here, but at the same time it amuses me. And so I keep the app notifications going...
5) Harry's mother was a very impressive woman - a lawyer, judge and Louisiana Supreme Court justice. Tell us about someone in your family of whom you're very proud.
I'm proud of my husband, Robert. He spent his entire younger adult working life - 20 years - serving in the United States Navy, getting married and raising an oft-challenging little family, and then retiring only to get the worst retirement gift ever: a brain tumor that had to be surgically removed. His recovery progress has been slow at times and faster at others, but he has not ever given up. He's amazing to me, and today we celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary together. I love him!
6) Happy New Year! Now that Christmas is over, are you done with holiday music and decorations? Or are you sad to see the holidays end?
I am ready to move forward. That's done; let's GO, 2016!
7) The New Year's Eve fireworks celebration in Sydney, Australia is famous for coordinating pyrotechnics and music. Have you ever welcomed the New Year in another country?
No, but Chloë wants to visit Paris sometime soon. Maybe this is the way to do it, so thanks for the idea!
8) Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2016?
YES. I kind of make them up as I go, actually. I mean, a resolution I made yesterday may not be relevant in a month. And something that wasn't relevant to me a month ago may be crucial stuff to me right now. So I make, keep, quit, or change them as necessary. One that I am adopting for 2016 is decluttering the Konmari way. I hope it works for us - and sticks!
9) Looking back on 2015, what surprised you?
All throughout my 30s, I hoped to stop caring so much what other people think of me. For 39 years, I have put way too much emphasis in my mind on peoples' words, opinions, and judgments about me. Now that I'll be turning 40 later this year, I carried into New Year's Eve a sudden new change in perspective. It may have taken until the last quarter of the last day of the 2015, but I have decided that you know what? I just don't give a damn anymore. The only people whose opinions of me matter live in this house. And it feels so GOOD!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by!