Hey, y'all! I took a bit of a bloggy break while some shizzy was going down around here. Everything's fine, it was more like everyone got this yucky virus, I didn't feel well (still/again), and blah. Boring, nothing exciting.
ANYway, link up here if you're playing along this weekend!
Saturday 9: Mama (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Gamal Lewis got the nickname "LunchMoney" in 10th grade because of his round cheeks and because lunch was his favorite part of the school day. What do you recall about lunchtime in the school cafeteria?
First of all, I love that this song was chosen for the week's meme. LML is so fun! About lunchtime in school... I remember that I never bought lunch; I always brought it from home. And I always begged everyone's Lay's potato chips off of them. I loved chips.
2) His father and uncle were members of the band Inner Circle. Their song, "Bad Boys" was the theme to the reality show Cops. What reality show have you seen recently?
Other than Jeopardy!... None.
☼ Thank you, Sam! ☼
3) In this song, Mr. Lewis sings that his mama taught him how to put on pajamas. What did you wear to bed last night?
I crashed in the dress I wore all day. I was TIRED.
4) He claims he can't ever lie to his mama because she'll hear it in his voice. Are you a convincing liar?
No, way. I can't tell a lie to save my life. And I can tell when all of my children are lying to me. It's fairly easy, I find.
5) LunchMoney sings that his mama made him chicken soup when he was sick. Do you eat soup all year around, only during winter months, or just when you're battling a cold?
Almost never. I can't eat soup at all since my gastric bypass. No liquids and solids at the same time. Can't do it.
6) The lyrics tell us that when her son was hungry, Mama reliably whipped something up. What's the last food you prepared?
It's Mother's Day weekend, and I did not feel like cooking. I prepared myself to go to Wendy's. Does that count?
7) He also sings that his mama always made sure he had a few dollars in his pocket. Let's talk about you and money. Did you more recently lend or borrow it?
Hmm. I don't really like to do either. I cannot recall.
8) Mother's Day is for grandmothers, too. Sam grew up calling her grandmother "Grandgran." Did you have a nickname for your grandmother?
Nah, she was just Grandma, but she was awesome.
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her own mother's favorite candy: Hershey Bars. Would you prefer milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate with almonds?
Milk chocolate with almonds! I recently tried these and fell in love:
Ermagerd, so good. Very dangerous!
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Mother's Day to all the mums, moms, and mamas out there!
Thanks for stopping by!