Link up here if you're playing along today, too!
- What is the worst treat to get when trick-or-treating?
- As a parent, that would probably be going out with my kids to get candy, finding a home with Halloween decorations and lights on, and no one answers the door. I don't mind if the lights are off to signal they have no candy, but lights on means treats! It's a trick to waste my time. Come to think of it, that might be the worst thing for my kiddos, too! ;)
2. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
- I just simply wouldn't. I don't identify with that genre at all. It doesn't interest me, personally.
3. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? Why?
I guess a psycho, because I was raised by one and know exactly what I would do. Zombies and aliens have no relevance or interest for me.
- 4. How many Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Nightmare on Elm Street movies combined do you have on dvd?
- Zero. Sorry, I guess I'm boring this meme... but the kids have seen #1, #2, and #4 of the Nightmare on Elm Street series. Forty years old, and Freddy Kreuger still freaks me out!
5. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?
- Right after my mother died when I was 7 years old, my dad thought it was a good idea to have my sister and I to view Children of the Corn. I was terrifed.
6. Lamest costume you have worn on Halloween?
- That might have been today! LOL... My daughters dressed as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf this year. We went to an amazing party, and my son went as The Hunter, and I went as The Grandma. I dressed as myself, with a sweater on. Lame? Probably!! (My son went as a Stormtrooper. He's not a joiner.)
7. Favorite Halloween treat?
- I'm all about the chocolate, and I guess PB cups are always a favorite.
8. Friendly-faced jack o’lantern or scary one?
- Either, but I'm not good at carving them. I love looking at other peoples' work, and some people out there are really talented!
9. Have you ever had nightmares about a scary movie character chasing you?
- Freddy Kreuger was a nightmare-inducer for me as a kid. I used to run and jump from my doorway to my bed as a kid, and heaven forbid I leave any part of me hanging over the bed for him to get. Toe? No way!
10. Best thing about Halloween?
- Now that I'm a mom, I love handing out candy and seeing all the wonderful costumes - especially original, handmade ones. I love seeing the different ideas and creativity the kids come up with!
11. Strangest Halloween custom you’ve heard of?
- Not participating for religious reasons. Um, do some research, look into it, but geez... trick-or-treating is so religiously-benign it's ridiculous. It's just about FUN for the kids! When churches do trunk-or-treating and festivals to celebrate, you know you're getting it wrong if yours does not (hello, born-again evangelists, I'm looking at you). Ugh, it drives me crazy...
A wonderful, newer custom in its third year that I would like to help promote is the Teal Pumpkin Project. The idea is to have something to hand out for the allergic kids who can't eat various nuts and other ingredients in traditional treats. Fun items like pencils, stickers, and anything cool for kids besides food items are welcomed. You just have to paint or otherwise decorate a pumpkin with teal colors so families will know you're participating. Spread the word! More info can be found here.
- 12. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
- That would probably be Sophia, my youngest child. She gets the most into it. I think my 15-year-old is getting bored of it (??), and my 13-year-old son really doesn't like, well, anything at this point!
13. Are you superstitious? If so, name at least one superstition of yours.
- Not really. I do it for fun, not true superstitious belief. I'm into "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue" for brides, and 7 years of bad luck for breaking a mirror, but I don't really get into it like mad.
14. What's your best Halloween memory?
- That would probably be the Virginia Beach years, when we went to Hunt Club Farm and did the hayrides, picked out pumpkins, went on little rides, bought seasonal treats, and the whole nine yards. I miss that. Hopefully, we will find that when we move to Idaho next Spring (see previous post). I really hope we find somewhere with a greater sense of community again.
15. At what age were you allowed to go trick-or-treating by yourself?
I remember going to my friend Katie's house when I was about 14 and going. That was the first, last, and only year I went without any parental types. We had a lot of fun that year, going in a group of a half-dozen or so of us. Fun times happened outside my home. ;)
Well, that was fun! I love Halloween, but I don't go all-out like some of my friends. I hope you have the best time this year, as you desire.
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by!