Hey everyone! Glad to be back to Sat9, from here in Idaho. Let's go!
Saturday 9: Along Again, Naturally (1971)
Not familiar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1. Friday was St. Patrick's Day, March 17th! Did you celebrate with green beer or a green milkshake?
I wish! Someone should bring me one. Yasss. Because we're too poor following our cross-country move now!
2. Did you remember to wear green?
If the green in my U-Miami shirt counts, then sure.
3. What color do you look best in?
Black or, my signature color, RED!
4. This week's featured artist, Gilbert O'Sullivan, was born in Waterford, Ireland. Waterford is famous for Waterford Crystal. Do you have glassware that you save for special occasions?
Yes, our stemware that my BFF gave us for a wedding present is our "special occasion" stuff.
5. This week's featured song includes the line, "To think that only yesterday I was cheerful, bright and gay." How were you feeling yesterday?
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I'm having a fun time exploring Boise, Idaho, where we now live, and a neighbor named Gladys brought us some delicious cookies! That made everyone happy.
6. It begins with reference to a wedding that didn't quite come off because the bride left the groom at the altar. When were you most recently at church? Was it for a holiday service, a regularly scheduled service, a special event (a wedding or baptism)?
It's been a while. Too long. Hopefully we'll be fully ensconced in a new church home by Easter Sunday!
7. In 1971, when this song was popular, Malibu Barbie was a big seller for Mattel. This doll had a perpetual tan. For a human to achieve this, a tanning bed or self tanner is usually required. Have you used either method to give yourself a tan?
Not me! I know better than that. I'm pale white and burn easily. Self tanner makes people look too orange in my opinion, so I don't use that either.
8. In March, 1971, James Taylor appeared on the cover of TIME magazine. What's your favorite James Taylor song?
9. Random Question: What word or phrase do you hear yourself saying too often?
Thanks for stopping by!