Saturday 9: I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942)
1) This week's song was performed by James Cagney in the famous movie of the same name. Do you plan on going to the movies this holiday weekend?
Yes! We went yesterday to see Despicable Me 3 in our local Boise theater. It was semi-mildly amusing, but I think I really only laughed out loud once. Jack, sitting next to me, was rolling, though, so that was good. Guess it really was meant for kid consumption, eh?
2) Though known for his larger-than-life screen presence, Cagney was only 5'5". How tall are you?
I'm 5'1.5". My youngest child, Sophia, has juuuust reached my height at 12 years, 2 months of age. The older two are shorter, however.
3) During the Revolutionary War, General Washington celebrated the 4th of July by giving his troops a double ration of rum. Will you imbibe any spirits this holiday weekend?
I had two sips of Hubs' Oregon's Original Full Sail Amber yesterday and received quite the buzz off just that little bit. That'll be all; I'm not planning on drinking much at all anymore, because it just doesn't go well with having Lyme disease. (That beer did not live up to it's "Ridiculously Tasty" catchphrase, in my opinion. But it was very hoppy, and I do not like hoppy beer.)
4) American history was one of Crazy Sam's best subjects in school. Science was her worst. In which class did you earn your worst grades?
I didn't really earn any poor grades, but I was probably the flip-flop of Crazy Sam.
5) The Fourth of July means we're in the middle of summer. Are you careful about applying sunscreen?
I'm pretty careful about applying it to my face, but only because there is SPF in my JAFRA Royal Jelly skincare routine. I'm generally horrible about applying it anywhere else, though this is a consciously-stupid decision.
6) Mosquito bites can be a major summer annoyance. Are you scratching any itches right now?
Yes, but on my neck, so I think my essential oil diffuser necklace is irritating it. It's not from a bug bite.
9) Atlanta hosts a 10K Peachtree Road Race every 4th of July. Are you a runner?
Thanks for stopping by!