- Do you look forward to the spring?
- Oh yes, very definitely! In Miami, it didn't make much difference, but here in Idaho I suspect I will look forward to Spring with a vengeance! I don't "do" cold weather very well.
2. Which area of the sciences do you enjoy the most?
- In college, I double-majored in Biology and Marine Sciences, with a minor in Chemistry, so... I'm going to have to say: Physics! Just kidding, Marine Biology is and will always be my first love.
- 3. If you could own a classical statue in the form of any figure from myth, religion, or even modern fiction, who would you choose?
- I think I would choose Harry Potter, because my daughter Chloë is extremely obsessed with all things HP, and I would like to give this as a gift to her.
4. Do you have a good relationship with your mother?
I wish I did...
- 5. What is your favorite mythological story?
I think I will have to go with The Odyssey; this epic was definitely fun to read and learn about in my Mythology class back in high school!
- 6. If you put on a big feast, what would you serve?
I think it would be fun to put on a feast with lots of vegan dishes from around the world, like this chickpea pizza, some hummus and pita, pea falafel (which I love and mentioned in yesterday's Saturday 9 post) and more! So yummy!
- 7. How do you have fun? (What is your favorite 'Earthly Delight'?)
- I think my favorite thing to do is just hang out with Hubs and our wee gang of teenagers. I admit, when they were younger, I had qualms about having three teens. Now that our youngest is 12.5, I will say it's not so bad (so far). Sure, we definitely have our "blow-up" moments, but for the most part, I love communicating with them on a more adult level as well as seeing them blossom into their unique identities. This is fun! I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.
8. Do you often look for hidden messages and meanings?
Guilty. Hubs is always telling me, "Don't read anything into it! It is what it is."
9. Have you ever received an award or special position?
- Sure. Back when I was relevant, I won lots of awards and honors. One of my favorites was being one of the few paid interns at Mote Marine Lab i Sarasota, FL.
10. If a revolution was about to happen in your country, would you be part of it?
- Well, I hope it doesn't come to this in my lifetime, but I could see it happening. I think, with all the options in current factions developing in this country, I would like to say that I'd be a part of it, but ethically speaking, I don't think I could be. I don't know what I would do, since my husband would probably answer a resounding "YES!" and I wouldn't want to leave him or be separated from any of my bebes. It's a tough question.
- 11. Have you ever planned an act of revenge?
- Nah, I don't think so. I don't really think of myself as a very vengeful person.
12. What is the most dramatic thing you have ever done?
- This announcement, which Google Images provided to me, pretty much sums it up! Rob and I eloped two months after we met online, and we learned Chloë was on the way two or three weeks after that! Pretty dramatic; tongues were wagging for sure!
13. Do you care about your weight?
- Yes, and I lost a ton of weight (over 200 lbs) after my gastric bypass surgery. I'm extremely upset now, because in the last year, thanks to my combination of new meds and illness I am sure, I have gained about a quarter of that back. I am not happy about that!
14. Is your life moving too slowly or too fast?
Yes. In one sense, it is FLYING by, because my kids are older now and I am growing more anxious about how they will fare in adulthood. However, it sometimes feels like time is dragging by, but that is usually when I am in severe pain and just want that to pass...
15. Do you prefer to stay in the shade?
I don't necessarily prefer it, but my doctor has required it of me. I have some autoimmune issues going on, so I'm very reactive to the sun and its voodoo powers. Gotta stay in the shade, wear sunscreen every day, and use a sun hat when I'll be out in the sun for any length of time. What do you think of this one, eh?
- 16. If you could have any mural on your ceiling, what would it look like?
Maybe something like this, but I would absolutely love anything Romero Britto decided to put up our ceiling. How awesome would that be?!
- 17. Do you enjoy the countryside?
- I do; I love it. I'm very thankful that we were so fortunate to be able to see many parts of the countryside on our long drive West from Miami to Boise!
18. Are you a romantic?
- Yes; and this photo pretty much sums me up to a "T." Hilarious!
19. What is your favorite historic subject?
- I think I enjoyed learning about the Renaissance Period the most, and I still do enjoy it.
20. Do you prefer landscape paintings?
- I can get into them sometimes, more sea-related scapes than dry land, but for the most part I prefer portraiture. Monet, though is my favorite painter, so I do enjoy some landscapes.
21. Are you interested in social issues?
Holy cow, that is all sorts of wrong!! ^^^ But yes, I am very much into social issues. For my own sake and especially for my childrens' sakes, I care, but I even care if it's got nothing directly to do with us. There is so much to worry about these days; I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.
Well, on that cheerful note...!! Thank you for stopping by, and have a lovely weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!