Welcome back, thieves! I'm always excited when I manage to remember that it's SS (and S9) time, because I really enjoy all of y'all's virtual company so much. Anyway, it's almost Independence Day, and a quick peek a photo on the Sunday Stealing page for this week tells me that is what this meme will be about. So let's go, shall we?
- Do you like parades?
- Sure, why not? Who doesn't?
2. Rate the following parade attractions in order of affection:
*. marching bands
*. anything that gives away candy:
*. politicians riding in cars;
*. antique cars/tractors;
*. fire trucks;
- I'd probably say: 1. Horses (which have strongly grown on me, thanks to my younger daughter's affinity for them), everything else unless there is a super well-done float, and then politicians riding in cars. Bleh.
3. Have you ever been in a parade?
- Yeah, I've been in a few, mostly as a Brownie Girl Scout. But the first one I was in was when an acquaintance - maybe a customer at the bank where she worked - of my stepmother's invited my sister and me to sit in the rumble seat of his car for a parade. That was a lot of fun.
- 4. Do you bring lawn chairs to parades?
- Lawn chairs, no, I don't think I've done that. Camp chairs, maybe, but not lawn chairs.
5. Does it bother you to have to park a long way from the parade, and then walk back to the car afterwards?
- It never used to, no, but now that I am disabled and am reliant upon my wheelchair half the time, it sometimes gets old. But generally I'm okay with it.
6. Do you wave at people you know?
- Of course; who doesn't?
7. At people you don't know?
- Sometimes, yeah. LOL
8. Do you take pets - dogs, particularly - to parades?
- Not usually, because I don't want them to be scared, but we might have to this year with the plans I'm making. Our Chiweenie, Tapi, is the most fearful doggo ever. We recently bought her a ThunderShirt, and oh, my word, what a difference it has made in her anxious behavior! If you're on the fence about coughing up the $45 for one, let me tell you: it's worth it!
9 Have you ever been to a big parade in person (Rose Bowl, Macy's, etc)?
- Yes. In 1985 (I think), my family and I attended the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in Manhattan. The snow was really coming down that day, and we were freezing! But it was an excellent show.
10. Do you attend more warm weather or cold weather parades?
I would say it's about equal.
Now, having done this, I'm even more excited for my favorite holiday on Wednesday. Have a great Independence Day to all of you who are Americans, and be safe with the fireworks. God Bless America!!