Ah, Food. It's Good You're Back.
WFMW: Entertaining The Kids This Summer

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Today was not my most fabulous day. Again, I just could not wake up fully, and again, I woke feeling sickly, with the runny eyes and sore throat and all of that business. I think I must be getting allergies. I mean, duh, of course I am, but now I'm getting *those* kind of allergies too, kwim? At least today, I had time to feed Chloë before school. I lay back down after getting her on the bus, and when I started getting Jack ready to get breakfast, before I made his lunch, his bus came!! SO early! I didn't know what to do, so I just hustled him out the door. No breakfast, no lunch. Thank God I knew they would have something for him at school, but I felt awful.

So then I still couldn't stay awake. Sophie and I just snuggled on the couch together, and we fell asleep, and I completely missed my dentist appointment. I got in trouble for it, too! When I called, like two hours later, to apologize, the receptionist said, "Dr. M doesn't know if he can trust you anymore because he looked through your records and found you've missed an appointment before, too." I did?!! News to me. So that's embarrassing. I feel like finding a new dentist, but that would be bad. We love Dr. M. I'll just have to get over it.

After school, we headed to ballet class. It's almost over, time for another recital! I brought along some yarn and a pattern for a top I plan to crochet for myself  for the cruise, my first-ever wearable for ME. I did the first row before I gave up and fell asleep again. The Littles were in the back seat, having a grand old time goofing around, but I slept right through the whole hour. I felt like I could go home and sleep some more, too, but there was tons of work to be done.

We needed to clean up everywhere so Barbara can come in and do her job tomorrow, but the kids started whining about being too tired and needing a nap. Okay, fine, I put them down and checked my email. But they were running around, playing, being loud, and that wasn't going to fly. So I marched upstairs and sent Chloë down to put away the living room toys, Jack to his room to clean up toys in there, and Sophie, heaven help her, to clean in her room. Girlfriend just refuses to help pick up and will do anything and everything to get out of it. Eventually, Jack finished and I sent him in to help her, and then Chloë joined the fray. It's still not done. I had to grant them a reprieve eventually. It was a disaster in there.

Meanwhile, I was folding six basketfuls of laundry and washing more. It never ceases to amaze me how much there is to do. I should be up there right now, putting it away, but I finally needed to get something to eat. As for the kids, they snacked on bread and grapes and yogurt for dinner. At least it was good stuff...

Rob had to stand watch tonight, so he worked a long day and just got home. He's supposed to be doing his room now - the kitchen - but I believe he has gone to sleep instead. Ugh! I've got enough to do with the laundry... but he needs his rest. Guess I'll tackle that later.

And that, my friends, is our most uninteresting day.