Daisy from A Daisy A Day recently bestowed this "honest" award upon my blog! About me, she says, "She is creative to the max, energetic, and funny. Did I say honest? Oh, my. That she is. :) And she always manages to snap the cutest pictures of her adorable kids. If we were neighbors, she'd probably have to chase me away with a sharp stick because I would want to go over and have coffee with her every day."
Isn't that sweet? Thank you, Daisy, I feel much the same about you! Daisy was one of the winners of my first Bloggy Giveaway Carnival prizes, and I've been reading her blog ever since.
Of course, there are always rules when accepting such a thing. This time, it's "When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"
So first, the blogs I find to be refreshingly honest:
1. An Iowa Mom - Wendy is so funny, she frequently makes me laugh out loud. She's got four adorable kiddos, two boys and two girls (hey, sounds remotely familiar) and is always posting about their latest antics. Her husband, Big Daddy, also features frequently in the blog and together, the six of them sound like they're having a heap of fun up in Iowa, where there's more to life than corn and beans! Also, she's hosting a great book giveaway on her site right now, so get to clickin'!
2. Brambleberry Grace - K is a mother of three, including a brand new baby boy. She's a Christian woman filled with lots of grace, but is always honest about her trials and struggles. She's also an interior designer (on hiatus, as she says, for motherhood) and is always doing wonderful crafty things around her house for the rest of us to admire. I always love it when she posts!
3. Crackers in Bed - Peter is a middle-aged hooker (crocheter) living in San Francisco, so yes, he IS... a designer! He's just had a scarf pattern published in the latest issue of Crochet! Magazine and is not exactly thrilled about it! Click on over to see why.
4. Daily Mish Mash - You can always count on Jen in Maryland to give you the 411 on Ryan Gosling/Rachel McAdams sightings, but beyond that, she's dedicated to becoming healthier, showcasing worthwhile causes and yes, posting the wonderful Friday Eye Candy lists. I love this blog, and I know if we lived closer, we'd be fast friends.
5. Don't Try This At Home - Okay, normally I don't like to award the "bigger" blogs, because I feel like they already get enough attention. But I felt like Melanie (no relation to, uh, me) at Don't Try This deserves this of all awards. She's freaking hilarious. She tells it like it is. There's always a good story happening on her blog, so it's a must-read!
6. Our Life In Words - Stephanie's relatively new to blogging, and she's my BFF here in Virginia. She is NOTHING if not honest - to a fault sometimes! Be forewarned, things can get to be a little bit TMI as Steph gives the brutal truth about PCOS, infertility, and trying to conceive her first baby with husband Tim. She's also a teacher and a loving aunt to her sister's four children, and a great friend!
7. The Rinrins - Visty is an awesome photographer and blogger living with her family of five up in the Pacific Northwest. Her world is beautiful as seen through the lens of her camera, but she also comes clean when it's not so good. Usually, though, she has me snickering away, and I know you will love her, too.
So there you are, seven great reads. Go check 'em out now!
Oh. Me? My 10 honest things. Gee. Let me see, let me see....
1. Ever since I breastfed my first baby, Chloë, I get little white fibers sticking out of my boobs. I'm constantly plucking them out. Am I the only one? What the heck are they! They're like people feathers!
2. I have a hiney fetish. I play with my kids' tushies at every opportunity. They let me. I am already worrying about the day when I'm not allowed to do this anymore. I better be a grandmother by then.
3. My mom died when I was 7, and I secretly think she'll come back to life and find me and be so proud of me and love me and be everything my dad and stepmom never were.
4. I hate tomatoes. And mushrooms. And, omg, mustard. I have probably said all this a dozen times before, but it bears repeating. Touch me with those things and I will Flip. Out.
5. I like throwing things. Especially chucking them over my shoulder. It's great fun. Sophia has inherited this tendency. It makes me laugh; it makes her father cringe.
6. I am forever somewhere else, in my mind. In my ideal life, I would be forever traveling. Maybe for Christmas I'll go to London. For January, I'll be in the Caribbean. Next the Great Barrier Reef. Anywhere but here. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, and my family would come with me! But being on the go is where it's at, for me.
7. I sometimes wish we had never gotten Chloë started on this acting/modeling thing. For no other reason than the money. If we lived in LA, it would be great, and I know she loves it and wants to do it, so that's not an issue. I just costs so freaking much, living here, that I wish we had just saved all that money and never gotten started. Sometimes.
8. Sometimes I pick at my husband and his faults when I'm really mad at myself. The other day I was in crabby mood, and he would make me laugh. I'd get pissed, because I wanted to be mad at him, and he'd make me laugh again. Dammit, even when he's in trouble, I can't stay mad at him for long. What was the point of this one, then?
9. I am crazy with worry about him riding that motorcycle. I'm so glad he's barely ridden it yet, even though the truck is a major gas guzzler and I want him to get rid of it. I just need to have faith, he will be kept safe...
10. I fart. A LOT. I mean, a real lot. I'm the fartingest person I know. Rob will corroborate that. And unless I'm in public, when it's just us, at home, I don't try and hide it, either. And we both think it's funny. So there.
That's it for the all-about-me show! Tomorrow, more about me!!
Get to reading on those blogs now, y'hear?