Wordless Wednesday: Summer Dreams
When It Rains, It Pours

Endings and Beginnings

Well, it's the end of the vigil.

I always keep vigil for my son Robby's short life, from March 22, 2003 - March 25, 2003.

Normally, I relive (in my mind, of course) those too-brief three days, from the silent birth, through the many requests from the doctors for experimental treatments, through that morning when the doc came to me in my hospital bed and said "The things we are doing to keep him alive are now damaging him. His oxygen sats are no longer compatible with life."

I will never forget those words as long as I live.  That, and when we were finally allowed to touch him, hold him, love him, and the doctor came in and listened for a heart beat and finally shook his head at us. He was gone.

This time, this week, I've been too sick to do that. (But I just kinda did, didn't I?) So this day almost snuck up on me. I already had my little cry, when we lifted the balloons up to him in heaven on Sunday. Sunday! A Sunday to a Wednesday, what a short little time to be someone's whole entire life. God. I miss him so much.  Past are those awful days when I tried to give up my own life in return for bringing his back, but I don't think I will ever stop wishing that we could undo what happened and have him back again.

It's just not fair. But it is what it is, and the only thing to do is accept it.

Rest in peace, my little angel. Mama and Daddy love you so.


I promised a new beginning, as well.


This is Blue. She is seven years old. And she has come to live with us!

I met her people-mommy through my Hampton Roads (where we live) Etsy seller's team. They are moving into a smaller house, and poor Blue, who is terrified by one of their other cats and confined to their bedroom, would have virtually no place to roam. Mama didn't think that was fair, so she needed to re-home her.

Odettes to the rescue!

Rob and I talked about it, and we decided to give Blue a trial run, to make sure our kiddos and pets will be nice to her. So she arrived this afternoon, did the low crouch to the stairs, and then ran head-over-kiester up to who-knows-where.  We haven't seen her since (I stole this picture off Mama's blog), but there haven't been any confrontations with Tink or anyone else, so that's good.

She's a beautiful kitty, and she seems very sweet, from what I've heard about her. I'm excited to have her be part of our family and hope she will come out and start to accept us soon.

Welcome, Blue!


P.S. Nope, we didn't get out into the fresh air today. For one, it was chilly, and for two, I overdid it and am much sicker-feeling today than I was yesterday. So it turned out to be another lay-around-and-do-nothing day, which I can't stand. Ah, well. Baby steps.