Saturday 9: Heat Wave
18 July 2009
If you're playing along, be sure to link up here!
1. It’s July. How has the weather been where you are?
Pretty hot, but not unbearable. We have AC everywhere, and water everywhere else, so it's all right.
2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat?
Swimming, without a doubt. I could be in the water 24/7, if my kids were up for it!
3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that?
To an extent, yes, but I've been in some pretty sweltering dry heat, too.
4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas?
Hot tubs are okay if they're not toooo hot, but I'm not really a fan of saunas. Maybe if I could knit in there. Otherwise, I'm bored to tears.
5. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been?
That would be my college years in Miami, both in temperature and in looks! Oh wait, maybe in temps, that would be the four months we lived on Guam. Yeah, maybe so.
6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer?
Well, we live at the beach, so we should go more than we do. At least once, though. We've already been a couple times this summer, though.
7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer?
Swim. Swim. Oh, and Swim.
8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf?
Nope, I've never been on a surfboard. I think I would be terrible at it. I've body surfed, though - if you could call what I did that.
9. What’s your favorite summer song?
Oh, I hate these types of questions. I'm not good at picking favorites. Anything I can sing along to works for me!