Sunday Stealing #2
26 July 2009
Okay, still can't find those photos, so here goes another stolen meme. This time from the "official" Sunday Stealing blog by Judd:
Sunday Stealing: The Heretic Meme
1. Who was the last person of the opposite sex you lay in a bed with? Rob. My husband. Who else?
2. Where was the last place you went out to eat? Central 111 Tapas, an awesome restaurant here in the beach
3. What was the last alcoholic beverage you consumed? A few sips of a strawberry martini at Central 111; I really shouldn't have any alkie, because I process it much differently now.
4. Which do you prefer - eyes or lips? Oh, gosh. I love both. Lips, I think. I love full, soft lips.
5. Medicine, fine arts, or law? For me, law. I might go into it. Maybe. We'll see.
6. Best kind of pizza? Plain cheese or pineapple. I love me some piña on a peez.
7. What is in store for your future? That's a darn good question, Meme. I wish I knew. I hope it involves more cashflow, though.
8. Who was the last band you saw live? Well, it just so happens that tonight we saw Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp and Willie Nelson play - but my favorite was the opening act, The WIYOS!
9. Do you take care of your friends while they are sick? I've never really had that opportunity, but I definitely would!
10. How many songs are on your iPod? I don't know, do I have to count? I guess a few hundred. Way less than it holds.
11. Where is the last place you drove to? The Norfolk Tides' Harbor Park, for the concert. Well, and back to Linda's to collect our brood afterward.
12. Where did your last kiss take place? At the concert, during Willie Nelson singing "You Were Always On My Mind"!
13. What were you doing at 11:59 PM on Monday night? Probably sitting right here on my bum.
14. Are you a quitter? Only when something is worth more to me unfinished than finished. Like, I'll quit working on a project that isn't turning out right and needs to be scrapped, but I follow through when it's important to finish and it means something to me. Ya dig?
15. Who was the last person you had in your house? Stephanie and her two charges, but only briefly. They came over to go swimming with us, but I wasn't feeling well by the time they got here.
15. What do you think about people who party a lot? Honestly, I don't have much respect for it, but to each his own.
16. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable? Nope. Many of you know this. Hee.
17. What was the last CD you purchased? No clue. I rarely buy them. Maybe Norah Jones' first album.
18. What are two bands or singers that you will always love? Eric Clapton and Jewel
19. Which of the seven deadly sins are you guilty of? Well, all of them, at one time or another.
20. How is your last ex doing? Don't know, don't care. Good riddance.
And another, because I don't feel like sleeping yet, and what else is there to do at Pi AM?
Sunday Stealing: The Double Stealing Meme
1. If you could turn back the hands of time to correct one wrongdoing, what event would you choose and why?
The details are for me to know and you not to find out, but ... well, I'm going to keep it completely private. I hurt someone I love very deeply, and I wish I had never caused that person so much pain.
2. Are you one for tradition? If so, what traditions do you strongly believe in? If not, what makes tradition hypocritical?
Wow. Well, I never used to be until I got married and had babies, but now they are important to me. I like to use traditions to give my kids a memory that will be added to as they grow and last their whole lives. We have a lot of things we do at Christmastime, for instance, and I want them to think back on Christmas and remember there were some things we always had to do as a family (making cookies, decorating the tree, reading "'Twas the night before Christmas," etc).
3. You were taking part in an event and you had to crossplay, who would you crossplay as and why?
I don't even understand this question. What? Is that like cross-dress?
4. If you only had one day left to live, how would you spend your last day? Would you be tempted to live fatally if you knew you were to die the next day, and if so, what extreme measures would you take?
If I were going to be truthful here, I'd probably spend the day crying and telling everyone I know what I wanted them to know about how I felt about them. Maybe not everyone. Maybe just the good ones. ;) And maybe I'd finally go jump out of that airplane with Rob - but only after he'd safely landed on the ground, for the kids' sakes!
5. What are your top five sinful materialistic items, ones you'd expect from others including those closest to you? Why are each in the position they are in?
Sinful materialistic items? I don't really understand this one, either. So my top five material possessions are: my computer, because I am completely lost without it and live from internet connection to internet connection; my scrapbooks, because I worked so hard and long on them and because they tell our story like nothing else; my cell phone, I think for obvious reasons; my yarn and needles and hooks, because (a) I love the soft, smooshy goodness, (b) I'm proud of being able to create beautiful things and it's good for my low self-esteem, and (c) sitting, knitting along greatly reduces my always-high stress level; and my camera, because there are so many wonderful moments in our lives that I'd forget about without it. (I should really learn to be better at photography.)
6. I am... not even remotely tired, and it sucks big hairy balls.
7. I feel... like eating a big gooey doughnut, but I'll never do that again in my life.
8. I see... that Tiger Lily (dog) wants to come back inside from going potty, but darned if I don't feel like getting up right now.
9. I need... to eat more protein. I used to be great at getting my 90g in a day. Now I'm lucky to get half that.
10. I love... my husband and kids with all my heart. Truly, I do.
11. I wish... Sophie would go back to sleep. Seriously, it's 3:30 AM. She's too much like her mama.
12. I think... that drug humor is stupid, likewise saying someone needs to smoke a joint just because they're stressed out all the time. JMO, though.
13. I hear... The WIYOS singing on Project Playlist
14. I crave... knowledge, for knowledge's sake. I really don't care if it's helpful to humans; I want to know everything there is to know anyway.
15. I fear... bugs landing on me when I haven't invited them to do so.
16. I hope... that when I go back into the working world, I find the right "fit" for me... and make a shitload of money doing it, too. We have places to go, things to do!