For more Sunday Stealing, click here.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I went for a professional bra fitting for the first time. It was totally worth it!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't even remember if I made any, or what they were! I probably did; I usually do, and I'm sure I will make more.
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
At home with my family, watching the ball drop on TV
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year, thank God
5. What countries did you visit?
We stayed stateside this year!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More financial stability, and smaller clothes!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 26th, the day I had my gastric bypass surgery. My new life began that day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing more than 150 pounds, still counting!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Keeping up with a clean house. It just doesn't last, and I'm so unmotivated in that department!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the surgery, which was a pretty big injury to my body - but well worth it! Oh, and we all had the flu pretty badly a month or two ago. That sucked.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing, really and truly, was saving LOTS of money on food and non-food stuff by reading couponing blogs and learning to get things really cheap or free. With our household economy, that was more important than ever this year.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Paying for that damn motorcycle that NEVER gets ridden!!! No, the mortgage, obviously, and paying off debt.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Any Michael Jackson song, probably.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gone to the beach. Did we even GO to the beach this past summer? I don't think we did!
15. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Testing the limits on my new stomach pouch and making myself completely sick in the process!
16. What was your favourite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
LOL No, but there are one or two people who I dislike a lot more now, mostly because we clash politically and they are SO close-minded to alternate points of view.
18. What was the best book you read?
A Thousand Splendid Suns
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh, gosh, I'm pretty lame when it comes to music, but Brett Dennen is awesome.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Stressed a lot, about turning the same age as my mother when she died.
22. What kept you sane?
My drugs! (Rx of course)
23. Whom did you miss?
My mom, and our son Robby... always, always
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Melissa, I guess. One of the new moms at Brownies who is super nice and sweet.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Never, ever, take your husband's love for granted.