Saturday 9: Your Smiling Face
06 March 2010
Link up with Samantha if you're playing along today!
1. No matter what's going on in your life, what always makes you smile?
The funny things my kids say. You can read some of them here.
2. What's the biggest lie you've ever told?
Can't tell you that one! I will share that I have lied about being sick when I really just didn't feel like going to work. More than once.
3. Do you hold a grudge?
If the person would just say to me, "Hey, I'm really sorry I did xyz," then it's over for me. But until I get that apology, then yeah, I usually do.
4. What is the worst job you've ever had?
I used to do catering at The Colony, and that was a lot of fun - partly because of the friends I had working with me. So when I moved, I thought it would be a great idea to get another catering job at The Renaissance. After training and all that, on my first real day on the job, my wrist "went out," and I dropped an entire bowl of hot soup on a man in a very expensive business suit. He completely chewed me out in front of everyone. I was so mortified, I quit that day!
5. What would be your dream job?
Gah, I always hate this question, because I can think of a lot of things I would LOVE to do. But let me see... really, I would just love being a SCUBA diver for a living, in some capacity or another. What a thrill!
6. What is the happiest event you've experienced?
Eloping with my husband. Best day of my life so far, hands down. We ran, madly in love, hand-in-hand, to the courthouse to get married. The person who officiated said we were the happiest couple she'd ever seen!
7. What is the saddest thing you've experienced?
The death of our son, Robby
8. Do you tend to exaggerate or underestimate?
Oh, I'm an exaggerator, big-time!
9. List the cars that you have owned. Give us just a few words about each one.
All right, let's see:
- Red 1991 Ford Escort Wagon - Used to be a Coke car, but the person selling it to us in '93 told us that only a little old lady had owned it. Big lie. I could tell a stories about this car, but you said "just a few."
- Green 1981 Honda Civic Wagon - I learned to drive a stick on this car. It took a real lickin' and kept on tickin'. No matter what I did to it, this car was a workhorse!
- Purple 1995 Dodge Neon - Suckiest car ever. It was cute and it suited me, people said... but boy, was it a piece of crap!!
- Blue 2002 Chevy Venture minivan - This is what I drive now, and I love it. It's still in really great shape, for the most part. We started shopping for it the minute we found out we were expecting twins, in Guam, and we got it for a steal!
Fun meme; I liked this one!