Thursday Steals And Deals: Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens & Target
13 March 2010
Many thanks to Collin at Hip2Save for helping me put together all of these great deals! Read her blog so you can find out where I get all of my coupons and sale information, so you can do it, too!
This represents six different transactions, which I'll detail below. The total value is roughly $159.75 including tax; my total OOP expense was $24.44! That's about an 85% savings. Pretty good. Here's how:
#1. Total value: $41.96 + tax. Total OOP: 51¢:
- Metamucil 114-dose bottle, regularly $13.99, on sale for $9.99. I had a $3 MQ and will get a $5 SCR (Single Check Rebate, which I will submit for at the end of the month, since you can only request one per household per month)
- Vicks NyQuil, regularly $6.99, on sale for $4.99. I had a $1.50 MQ and will get a $2 SCR
- Oral-B Cross-Action Power Toothbrush, regularly $8.99, on sale for $5.99. I had a $3 MQ
- Pampers Jumbo pack, regularly $11.99, on sale for $9.99. I had a $3 MQ
- I also had a $5-off-$25 Rite-Aid SQ (Store Coupon)
- This order also qualifies for a $10 Rite Aid Gift Card SCR!
NOTE TO STEPHANIE: This is all a limit-one transaction, so I can't do it again, but I DO have all these coupons still if you want to try this for yourself. Or they are all available in the 3/7 Proctor & Gamble coupon insert, for the rest of you. Let me know if you need the Qs!
#2. Total Value: $20.96; Total OOP: $1.75:
- (2) Gillette deodorants, regularly priced at $4.99 each, on sale 2/$8. I had (2) $1 MQ, and will get a $2 SCR
- (2) Gillette body washes, regularly priced at $4.99. I had two Buy-One-Deodorant-Get-One-Bodywash-Free MQs
- I also had a $3-off-$15 SQ
#3. Total value: $34.40; total OOP: $7.05:
This could have been better. The cashier and staff supervisors were not on the same page regarding what to do when there is a BOGO sale combined with a BOGO coupon. At Walgreens, you can use both to get both items free; the same is supposed to be true at Rite Aid. YMMV, however (your mileage may vary), as the cashier didn't know what to do, one supervisor said I could use the coupon but ONLY ONE, and the other supervisor said I could NOT use the coupon. For this order, I could NOT use it. After the other super said ONE BOGO MQ was allowed, I was going to go back and fix this order, but they couldn't figure out how, so I skipped it and kept it as-is. My OOP could and should have been about $1.46. When in doubt, keep the store's coupon policies with you! I never do this, though...
- (2) CoverGirl Simply Ageless Eye Concealer (used it last night; works GREAT!!), regularly $12.99, on sale BOGO Free. I had a $1 MQ and a $5 MQ for these
- (2) CoverGirl EyeShadow singles, regularly $3.39, on sale BOGO Free. I had a $1 MQ
- I also had a $3-off-$15 SQ
#4: Total value: $24.47; total OOP: $8.42:
(Not my best transaction again, because of the stoopid BOGO MQ and sale combo - could have been much better! Oh, well...)
- (2) Kellogg's Mini Wheats, regularly $4.79 each, on sale 2/$4.88. I had a $1.50-off-2 MQ
- (2) Nestlé Nest Eggs bags of candy, regularly $3.99 each, on sale 2/$4.88. I had a $1-off-2 MQ
- (2) Starburst King-size packages, regularly $1.49, on sale BOGO Free, I had a BOGO FREE MQ up to $1.10
- (4) Mentos candies, 85¢ each, used for filler to get my order up to $15
- I also had a $3-off-$15 SQ, which I would have put to better use than the Mentos if I'd known I couldn't use two BOGO coupons in one transaction
#5. Total value: $35.67; total OOP: $6.28:
- Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging face cream, $21.99; I had a $3 MQ
- (2) Olay Body Quench Lotion, regularly $5.99, on sale BOGO 50% off. I had a Buy-one-Regenerist-Get-One-Lotion FREE MQ
- I also had a $5-off-$25 SQ
- I will submit this for the $15 Olay MIR
#6. Total Value: $3.05; Total OOP: 43¢
- (2) Starburst King-Size Tear 'n Share, Regularly $1.49 each, on sale for BOGO Free. I had a BOGO Free MQ up to $1.10
Again, this represents six different transactions. The total actual value is about $110; total OOP was $28.29. This is a savings of about 75%. Here's how:
#1. Total value: about $17.50; total OOP: $2.60.
- (6) packages of Nabisco cookies, regularly $1.99 each, on sale for 5/$5. I had (3) $1-off-2 MQs
- Oral-B Cross-Action Toothbrush, regularly $4.99, on sale for $4.00. I had a 75¢ MQ.
- I also had a $4 ECB from last week.
- This transaction gave me a $4 ECB for the toothbrush, for #2.
#2. Total value: about $23.75; total OOP: $5.16:
- (4) Post Cocoal Pebbles cereal, regularly $4.79, previously on sale for $1.88. I had a raincheck for this, because they were all out before. I also had (2) $1-off-2 MQs
- Oral-B Cross-Action Manual Toothbrush, regularly $4.99, on sale for $4. I had a 75¢ MQ
- I had a $4 ECB from #1
- The toothbrush gave me another $4 ECB for #3
#3. Total value: $16.48. Total OOP: $1.44!!
- (2) Clairol Nice'n Easy haircolor kits, regularly $7.99, on sale for $4.97 each. I had a $5-off-2 MQ
- I also had a $4 ECB from #2.
- This transaction gave me $2 ECB for #4
#4. Total value: $10.33; total OOP: $2.32:
- Pantene Pro-V Color Revival Shampoo, regularly $4.99, on sale for $3.49.
- Pantene Pro-V Color Revival Conditioner, regularly $4.99, on sale for $3.49. I had a $3-off-2 MQ for both
- I also had $2 ECB from #3
- This transaction gave me $2 ECB for #5
#5. A bit of a splurge here, but I need protein foods. Total value: 15.35; total OOP: 11.35:
- (2) Atkins bars 5-packs, regularly $7.49, not on sale. I had (2) $1 MQs and $2 ECB from #4
- This transaction gave me $5 ECB for #6.
#6. Total value: $25.16. Total OOP: $5.42:
- Tide Powder, 70 oz, regularly $10.99, on sale for $5.97. I had a $1 MQ
- Dawn dish liquid (yes, another one), regularly $1.99, on sale for 97¢. I had a $1 MQ
- (2) Bounce Dryer Bars (can't wait to try these!!!), regularly $5.49 each, on sale for $3.99 each. I had (2) $1.50 MQs
- I also had a $5 ECB from $5.
- The Tide gave me $1 ECB for next week
I did all of this in one transaction. Savings, according to the receipt, was $64.23. My OOP was $7.15:
- Glade Sense & Spray, regularly $9.99, on sale for $5.99 but rang up at $4.99 (???). I had a $3 MQ and a $2 SQ from the March coupon booklet available at the front of the store
- (3) Punch Ball critters, regularly ??, on sale for $1.99 and Buy-Two-Get-One-Free. Got these for little Easter basket goodies for the kids.
- (10) Kraft Mac & Cheese, regularly $1.59, on sale for 69¢ with in-ad SQ. I had (2) $1-off-5 MQ
- (3) Reach Toothbrushes, regularly $4.79 each, on sale $9/3. I had a BOGO MQ and (2) 1 MQ, plus the $5.10 in-ad SQ
- (2) Finest Natural Reservatrol 60-ct bottles (I have to check whether I can take this), regularly $10.49 each, on sale for BOGO, and I had a $10 SQ from the March coupon booklet (so a quarter each!!)
- (4) Bags Life*Savers jellybeans, regularly $2.99 each, on sale for $2 each. I had (2) $1-off-2 MQs and $2-off-4 SQ from the March coupon booklet (make sure you pick those up every month next to the weekly ads!)
- I had $6 in Register Rewards (RRs) from last week, but I did not get any more from this transaction.
I hit another Walgreens later on, for this deal. This time, the Glade Sense & Spray, normally $9.99, correctly rang up on sale at $5.99. Ihad a $3 MQ and a $2 SQ. Total OOP with tax for this ten-dollar item was $1.29!
This was all in one transaction, but I'm going to split it up by "deal" as usual, to make it easier.
Smuckers Uncrustables, on sale for $2.04, and I had a $1 MQ. Not something I normally buy, but at 26¢ apiece, I thought it would be a decent, quick snack for the kiddos.
Johnson's Soap Buddies, 99¢ each. I had (4) $1 MQs off any Johnson's Baby Item, and at my store, these qualify as a "baby" item. YMMV. So, I received these free + 4¢ overage toward the rest of my order - and the kids LOVE them!
These Hanes socks were not on sale, but I found (2) Target SQ for $1 off any Hanes socks or undies on their website. The kids always need both of those, so I stocked up on good socks for 50¢ per pair.
Also on Target's coupon page online, I printed off (2) $5-off-$30 SQs for Circo or Cherokee clothing. I was going to stick to all clearance items to make my dollar really go further, but the clearance on these brands was not great. So for one SQ I stocked up on future-sized undies for Jack. That's 15 pairs of boxer briefs for $25, which is not terrific, but it'll do.
With the other $5-off-$30 SQ, I bought four packs of undies for the girls, and this shirt on clearance.
Classico sauce was $1.99, and I had a $1-off-2 MQ. Not fantastic, but we always need sauce, and $1.49 for a jar of sauce is okay.
General Mills cereal was supposed to be on sale for $3 each AND Buy-3-get-1-Free, but I don't think I got the free box. Maybe the chocolate Cheerios were not included in this deal? I'm not sure, still have to go over my receipt more... But the bigger boxes WERE $3 each, and the chocolate was $3.29. I had $4 in MQ. I don't really need to stock up on any more cereal, so I probably should have skipped this deal. The kids LOVE Cheerios, however, so I did it.
This sells for $1, and I had a 50¢ MQ. Rob won't drink it, but if I'm feeling the need for speed and am too lazy to brew a pot, it'll do just fine for me at 7¢ a pop!
Dove Men+Care Body Wash, on sale for $3.99. I had (3) $1 SQs and (3) $1.50 MQs, making each a buck-fifty. Good deal for a big bottle + bonus bottle, and since I've got Rob using this stuff now, it'll be put to good use.
On sale for $1.49. I had a $1 SQ and 75¢ MQ, giving me 26¢ overage toward the rest of my order! I had another MQ but could only print 1 SQ off the website. Bummer.
I bought the Neo-to-go Neosporin on clearance for $3.30 each, and the character Band-Aids were $2.29 each. I had (2) $3-off-both MQs and (2) $1 MQs for the Neosporin. YMMV on using both, but I was able to, making this 80¢ per item. I don't know about your family, but ours is rife with boo-boos, so this is a good deal for us.
I found these Dunkadoos on clearance from (I think) $7.99 down to $1.98 each. I bought one of each kind they had available and will use them in the Easter baskets and the rest for bday presents. The kids are already clamoring to have them!
Missing from this picture is a big, $15 Hot Wheels truck toy. Including that and these other four trucks, I got the $50 lot for $40, using two $5-off-$25 SQs from Target's coupon site. They'll go for the little boy's birthday party Sophie has to go to tomorrow, Easter and bday for Jack. He LOVES Hot Wheels, so I was quick to print off and use those coupons!
This mini-Monopoly game sells for $7.99, and I found a $5 MQ on the Hasbro.com website. I'll probably give this to Chloë for Easter.
In addition to all the above deals, I also used a $5 Target gift card from a previous deal (I think on the Keebler cookies from last week). My OOP was big because of all the clothing and toy deals I picked up, but I still got some really good deals!
Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to go out for the next week's drugstore deals...