Link up with Crazy Sam here if you're playing along today.
1. Do you feel that you are essentially the same person that you were ten years ago?
Well, let's see. I'm about to turn 34. Ten years ago, I was 24 and at the end of a damaged - and damaging - engagement. Shortly after that, I got married (to someone else) and had four kids in quick succession. I've learned a lot since then. No, no way am I the same person I was a decade ago.
2. Is there something that you have to give all or nothing to?
Pretty much everything I do. I don't half-ass. If I'm not going to do something "all the way," I don't do it at all.
3. Have you ever gambled? What have you bet on and for how much?
If we're talking money, no, not really. When I first turned 18, I played the Florida Lottery a couple of times. I even won a few bucks. But I'm not the (money) gambling sort. If we're talking about something else, well, that's a whole 'nother story.
4. Can you sleep anywhere or does it have to be in a bed?
Nope to the bed. I sleep best on the couch. I can't even remember the last time I slept in my own bed!
5. Tell us about the most disastrous or embarrassing first impression you've ever made on someone.
Oops, I skipped this question the first time through. I'm glad I double-checked. I've made a lot of bad first impressions, I'm afraid. The one I have dwelt on for almost ten years is with my husband's family. We met under terrible circumstances: his beloved step-father had suddenly passed away, and I traveled up with him for the funeral. Rob (my hubs) wore his dress blues (he's in the Navy) for the occasion, and his mother said something to me about how nice he looked. I replied to her, "Yeah, that does it for me," meaning, Rob in uniform turns me on. Well, she misunderstood me and thought I was saying he did it for ME, and she replied something to the effect of, "No, this time, I think he did it for me." I don't remember what I said back, if anything, and I have spent the last ten years wishing I just hadn't said it at all, because I regretted the misunderstanding so much.
So, Mom, you probably don't even remember that conversation at all, but just to set the record straight, I'm sorry if I offended you, but it wasn't what I meant!
6. Do you have a memorable "ripped clothing" moment in your life? No? How about in someone else's?
Yeah. Ha. Nothing sexy, though. One time, when I was in graduate school, I was working in the lab with my professor, and I bent over and ripped the butt seam of my (favorite) khaki cargo pants. I lived in those pants. He (the prof) saw my undies. It was pretty embarrassing!
7. What's changed on your blog since its inception? ...a redo? ...a change of pace? ...or is it about the same?
It's really the same, although I've been waaay lax about keeping it updated throughout the summer, haven't I? That is about to change. I know you're on pins and needles wondering what the heck we've been up to lately. Don't even lie.
8. If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be?
"This guy Rob, he's the real deal. DON'T f*ck it up!!!
9. Okay, let's have it! What's the craziest, most impulsive thing you've ever done?
Well, I'm freakin' bipolar, so I've done plenty of impulsive things in my manic phases. But craziest? I'd have to think. It might involve the opposite sex, or swallowing a lot of pills, I don't know. It depends on your definition.
Okay, back to work I go...