Saturday 9: I'm So Proud
23 October 2010
Link up here if you're playing along with Crazy Sam this week!
1. What are you proud of?
I'm so proud of my three kids. What more can I say?
2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it?
Hmm... In February, I think??, I won up-close tickets to the Black Eyed Peas concert here. It was awesome! I won it through a newspaper contest.
3. Tell us about something you've done that in retrospect was a waste of time.
The first thing that jumps into my mind is trying to clean up and organize my husband's side of our room, including rearranging his closet and dressers so that all of his clothes and things would have a proper place. That lasted about 5½ seconds, after taking DAYS.
4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change?
I was 24 when I met my husband, married him two months later, and had our first baby girl not quite 9 months after that! :D (And no, that's not why we got married - she came 3½ weeks early!)
5. Tell us about a place you that you've been that you considered to be very tranquil.
At the very end of Key Biscayne, outside of Miami, there is a state park (the name escapes me, but I'm sure I'll think of it as soon as I hit 'publish') where I used to escape when I needed to think, commune with nature, and be by myself. I did it routinely, during and after college. One time, I was sitting on the beach, watching the waves, when a manta ray came soaring up almost entirely out of the water and seemed to hang on the air for a few moments. It took my breath away; I'll never forget that. It was like it happened just for me.
6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I don't watch the news anymore, so I can't even think of anyone. I used to love Wayne Mahar, though - the meteorologist in the city where I grew up. I talked to him online once. It was a small thrill.
7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why?
The idea is so uninteresting to me, I can't conceive of a name. Not something I really have any desire to do, sorry!
8. What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
What makes someone be terribly mean and cruel to a child?
9. When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
I wish I could figure that one out. Other than chemical assistance, I mean...