Saturday 9: Spooky
18 October 2010
So I'm two days late and a couple bucks short. Sue me!
Link up with Crazy Sam here if you played along, even late! They won't mind...
1. Does anything about Halloween “spook” you?
I can't do scary. I still get nightmares. I'm, like, eight years old that way - such a chicken!!
2. What is the favorite costume you have ever worn for Halloween?
Oh, gosh, I don't know... maybe a clown? I've never been anything really cool. I've never been invited to a Halloween party, either - as a kid or as an adult. If I were, now, I'd want to be really vampy and sexy!
3. What is your favorite thing about Halloween?
Handing out candy to little kids. Love it, love it, loooove it! (The ones that don't dress up, though? Lame!)
4. What one topic is (or was) the most painful to discuss with your parents? Why?
I could never talk about my mother's death at age 33 with my dad. We have rarely even talked about it now, though I'm an adult.
5. What was the happiest day of your life? Do you think you'll ever top it?
The day hubs and I ran to the courthouse to get married before it closed was the best yet. Could we top it? I doubt it. That was sheer bliss.
6. What animal would you like to be able to communicate with?
My husband. :| He's not terrific at it...
7. In what way do you come nearest to perfection (as you define it)?
In every way, of course. Oh, all right. In no way. I am perfect in no way, and though I have always striven to be, I no longer want to be. It's not good for anyone.
8. Do you have any recurring nightmares?
Yes, and they are also memories. 'Nuff said.
9. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be and why?
That's a laugh. Everything, after Mom died when I was 7. I would change every damn thing. It was awful. The only thing I wouldn't change is having my sister with me. She's the only thing that made it bearable.