Sunday Stealing: Hey! Another Meme About Me!
31 October 2010
Linkage is here, for you joiners!
1. What inspires you to blog?
The voices in my head are what make me do it.
2. What’s the best thing about blogging, for you?
Comments! What else?!
3. What is your favourite book of all time?
I suppose half of you will say The Bible. I'm not that kind of Christian. Mine is Evergreen, by Belva Plain.
4. It’s 9pm and for some reason you’ve been hungry all day, despite the three square meals. What do you rustle up?
Make it midnight, and I'm running to 7-11 for a Diet Coke (Super Big Gulp, natch) and a turkey and cheese sub, of which I can eat about a third or less...
5. Who are three of your style icons?
Do I have those? Let me think. Balki Bartokomous, Punky Brewster, and Moms Everywhere.
6. What’s your current favourite song/piece of music?
"Kiss" by Prince is bound to get me dancing in the car, no matter my mood or level of The Tired.
7. What is the last book you read?
A dirty, dirty book. What of it?
8. What is your current favourite recipe?
Uh. Now you're reaching. Hummus. I concocted my own personal hummus recipe, and I lurve it. I'm pretty fond of my mashed 'taters recipe, too, although I haven't made it like that since I was a newlywed. My new hubs didn't like it!
9. Who or what first inspired you to set up your own blog?
I don't know, all the cool kids were doing it, so why not me? I may not have a lot to say, but I can use up a lot of words not saying it!
10. What object could you not live without?
My iPhone. I think it is Krazy-glued to me, for real.
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Older. Hopefully wiser. Probably chewing this same old piece of gum that I've been working on for too long now...
12. Who or what made you into the person you are today?
Well, come on, I'm not in the mood for serious questions. Let's just say I had a lot of help becoming the Me I am today, and I'll need a lot more help to become the Me I want to be.
13. What have you learned from blogging?
If you don't want people to read about themselves in your blog, use a nickname or initials, FPS! Also, people are always saying to me, "Please don't write about this in your blog..." Really? I know I'm the Queen of TMI, but I write about ME and MY life. Your shit ain't mine to share. Just sayin'.
14. Knowing what you know now, what knowledge would you pass on to your past self?
Don't skip that math final. Don't answer that knock. Return that phone call. Write to Grandma more. Don't apply for any credit cards in college! Don't believe doctors know everything; get a second-third-fourth opinion.
15. Sunday roasts - lunchtime or evening meal?
Roasted what? I don't eat mammals. Can you roast a fish?
16. What has been your best blogging-related experience so far?
Full circle: every time I get a lovely comment, that's the best thing so far.