Linky linky if you're playing along!
1. The latest book or movie that made you cry?
A Thousand Splendid Suns was probably the last book... can't remember the last time I watched a movie that made me cry.
2. The fictional character most like you?
Hmmm... LuAnn from the comics! Ha, she's a goose.
3. The greatest album, ever?
Eric Clapton Unplugged
4. Star Trek or Star Wars? Why?
Star Wars, because it's watchable. Ha! The other... I can't stand it.
5. Your ideal brain food?
6. Everyone is proud of a certain accomplishment, which one for you??
I'm proud of a lot of things, but nothing more than the beautiful children we made! ♥
7. You want to be remembered for ...?
By my family, for being a good and loving mother and wife. By anyone else, for making the world a better place somehow.
8. Let's talk about recording artists. Who do you find the most inspirational?
Lately, Jewel. I go back to her time and time again. I love her work.
9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature?
The Great American Novel, I guess.
10. Your hidden talents . . .?
I really don't hide my talents. Why should I do that? Don't hide your light under a rock - let it out.
11. The best piece of advice you actually followed?
It's taking me a lot of thinking: I'm very stubborn! When I get my head set on something, I rarely bend to someone else's suggestion. So let's see... ok the only recent thing I can think of, though small, was to present my Daisy Scouts' earned patches in a fun and creative way, and not just give them a baggy full of them. They - and their parents - all got a kick out of that last time.
12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed?
Well now, those are three entirely different things. I don't think I ever stole anything on purpose. Borrowed? I'm not big on borrowing. I'm not big on lending, either! It seems I never get things back, at least not in the same condition. So bought - I'm torn between my iPhone and my old '81 Honda civic wagon. That thing ran no matter what I did to it!
13. What is the most comfortable clothes that you wear?
Right now it's the pair of jeans I currently have on. They're holey and ripped (came that way), and several sizes too big, but they look good and feel great.
14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be?
I wouldn't want to be there with anyone but my husband. Well, I wouldn't say no to Martha Stewart, either. But she'd probably make me eat foie gras.
15. Time travel: where, when and why?
Another easy one. I'd go back to 2003, when I went into pre-term labor with my twin boys, and save my son Robby's life by demanding I get the ultrasound they kept putting off. I know he'd be alive today if they had just listened to me that something was not right... but I blame myself for not being a squeaky enough wheel. :(
16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac?
Can I choose a combination of the three? Well okay, maybe just the last two. Murder really isn't my bag.
17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or . . .?
Chocolate and Diet Coke!
18. Environment of choice: city or country, and where on the map?
City. Miami or NYC if in the USA, or pretty much anywhere else. Except the Bahamas. Not a fan. Oh, and Charleston, SC - I fell in love with it last week!
19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country?
Dude, what happened?
20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now?
Well, my to-do list is a mile long, but you probably aren't interested in all that. One project I've started but haven't quite finished yet is this, which was supposed to be for a friend's son. She and I aren't friends anymore, though (and good riddance!) so I guess I'll keep it for us.
P.S. I'll be back later with more on that (#20), but it'll be password-protected. Email me for the password, after I post it. ;)