Saturday 9: My Best Friend's Wedding
13 May 2011
Link up here if you're playing along today!
1. Have you ever lost a friend after he/she got married?
Yeah, I have, but not necessarily because of that. I dunno.
2. Do you make friends easily?
I'm shy, but I guess I still do, as long as it's with people I see frequently, like at school or work or other frequent gathering-type things.
3. Do you have many close friends?
I have a few. I wouldn't say many. Who has many CLOSE friends, really?
4. Tell us about your oldest friend.
That would be Ursula, whose mom babysat my sister and I when we were really little. We're still friends! She's a nurse, and a wife, a mother of three, and a great girl. And she's super tall!!
5. Tell us about your newest friend.
Hmm. That would be Christine T. She started a gardening club for a bunch of us homeschoolers. I'm absolutely in LOVE with her! She's like, this total gardening guru, and she's so calm and ... zen. Really zen. When you're around her, you feel like you're in this welcoming, comforting realm. I'm so glad I decided to join up. From now on, I'll be taking the kids with me, too, so they can benefit from both the gardening lessons and the calming presence.
6. Do you hang out with your friends often, or just occasionally when you can find time?
When I get a chance. I'd love to hang with my friends more, but there just isn't lots of time. Gotta make the time sometimes weeks in advance!
7. What's the furthest you've traveled to visit (or vacation with, etc.) a friend?
From Miami to Central NY. More than once.
8. What's the biggest or best thing a friend has ever done for you?
Dropped everything in her life, which was a LOT, to fly halfway across the country and be with my family through a major crisis. Actually, several of my friends did this same big thing. I have some pretty awesome friends, now that I think about it.
9. What's the worst or most hurtful thing that a friend (or an ex-friend) has done to you?
My son died, and about, I dont know, a couple years later, she asked me when I was "going to get over the 'dead baby' thing." I have since forgiven her for that, but it took a very long time.