Link up here if you're playing along today!
1. One of my favorite TV shows recently changed the actors who played two characters. Have you ever been bothered by a TV show or movie series changing actors who play a character you love?
Yes, way back as a kid when I used to watch soaps, and also the mom ("Vivian") from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, lol... That's all I can think of. I don't like it, though!
2. A coworker recently shared a link to a blog listing the "five things you should know before dating a journalist." As a journalist, I can honestly say the writer was spot-on. What are some things people should know before spending time with you?
A. I'm bi-polar. B. I'm extremely emotional and sensitive, which don't necessarily have anything to do with A. C. I've suffered some serious losses in my life, and they still cause me pain. D. I'm fun and I'm smart, and while I love intellectual humor, I enjoy the potty humor, too. E. I say, "I'm sorry" way too much; get used to it because telling me to stop won't work.
3. What is something you often do without realizing that you're doing it?
Pick at things. Not necessarily on my own person, either. Drives Hubs crazy. He calls me a mama gorilla.
4. Who has the capacity to make you angrier than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to make you so angry?
Me, myself and I, and it's almost always caused by a failure to properly plan ahead, whatever the trouble is.
5. If a fairy waved a magic wand and gave you the house of your dreams, where would it be and what features would it have?
It would be somewhere in the South Pacific, I think, and it would be enormous but only ONE level, with a humongous, fenced-in yard. There would be a bedroom for each of the kids, plus a huge master suite, and a guest room (or two). There would be a craft room/office space for me, and a garage and workroom for Hubs. The kitchen would be gigantic, with all state-of-the-art appliances and at least two ovens. And it would come with a full-time maid.
6. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
I don't just believe - I know - that evolution is a fact.
7. I used to talk in my sleep. In fact, I could carry on a conversation with someone when I was fully asleep, and my mom used this fact when I was a teenager to find out if I did anything wrong and was hiding it from my parents. If you were talking your sleep tonight, what do you think you would say?
Ha. Hubby knows all my secrets, so I don't think I could get into too much trouble... Now if my dad was doing the questioning about some things from my teenaged years, I could spill a few surprises!
8. The fourth installment of the "Twilight" movie series ("Breaking Dawn Part I") will be released in theaters soon. Movie theaters started selling advance tickets for midnight showings months ago. Have you ever attended a midnight premiere showing of a movie?
I did back in college, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was!
9. On Tuesday, tigers, lions and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw "Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle" being displayed on a road sign?
I'm nuts, so I'd probably go looking for them. Definitely NOT to kill them, though. That whole thing sucks. :(
10. If a company opened a theme park aimed at adults, what would you name one of the rides?
Oh my word, I have a dirty mind. You shouldn't ask me this question!! I'm just going to leave it at that.
11. Imagine you just moved onto Sesame Street. Which puppet would you want as your new roommate?
Maybe Big Bird. Or Snuffy. But definitely NOT Elmo. Ugh. (I think Oscar the Grouch is my roommate now, and not because of the grouchy aspect...)
12. Have you ever had a weird crush on a famous person that didn't make sense to you?
Hm, no? Can't say that I have.
13. If you get ten minutes to interview any celebrity of your choice, who would you like it to be?
Clapton, Eric! I would give a lot of things for 10 minutes with him!
14. You've just won the complete DVD collection of all the movies starring one actor or actress. Which actor/actress would you pick?
Either Parker Posey or Zooey Deschanel.They're cute, funny and quirky, and I like their work.
15. Actor George Clooney recently told People Magazine that he doesn't use Twitter "because I will drink in the evening and I don't want anything that I could possibly write at midnight to actually end my career." What is something you've said through social media and then regretted it?
Plenty!! I don't do well with message boards. LOL I tend to open my fat trap and then instantly wish I could take it back. George is smart.
16. VH1 has re-introduced its hit show "Pop-Up Video," which gives behind-the-scenes facts for popular music videos. What musician would you be most interested in learning behind-the-scenes facts about?
Eh, I really don't care. It's interesting, and I liked that show back in the day, but I can't think of anyone I want all the skinny on.
17. If you stumbled across someone's personal written journal that was accidentally left in a public place, would you read any of the content?
Of course, duh.
18. What is the title of a self-help book that you'd never want to see on a store bookshelf?
How to Commit Suicide Easily and Painlessly... because I'd probably buy it.
19. Many media outlets have been asking this question a lot this week... Which Halloween costume do you think will be overdone this year?
I don't know. Since we don't watch TV, I have no idea what's going on in pop culture these days.
20. Should a marriage license have a renewal date or expiration date, like a driver’s license?
Hell no!! That should be for keeps. Unless it's my dad's, then yeah, totally.