Saturday 9: Drift Away
09 December 2011
Link up here if you're playing along with Crazy Sam today!
1. Who or what bores you enough to mentally drift away?
Finances. Any talk about money. Or insurance. Pretty much anything my dad rambles on about. When he starts doing that, I've been known to threaten to teach him calculus. That works.
2. How many members of your family not living with you do you see during the holidays?
Usually none! :*(
3. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel "antsy" about being there too long?
It depends on which family member, but like my mom-in-law says, "Fish and company start to stink after three days."
4. Does your family more generally get along at a holiday gathering or are there generally arguments?
Growing up, there was an argument for every holiday or special occasion. I really try to avoid that now. I don't want that to be my kids' memory of growing up.
5. Are you ever embarrassed by your family around friends?
Not anymore, now. As a kid, sure.
6. Of the celebrities that died in 2011, who will you miss the most?
Steve Jobs & Amy Winehouse
7. When you watch a movie in a movie theater, do you like the theater filled to capacity, halfway full, or nearly empty? Does your answer change depending on the type of movie you're seeing or do you feel the same way regardless of the movie or genre?
I prefer an empty theater. I'm short, and when it's full, someone tall always sits in front of me, and I can't see crap.
8. What’s one really cool/useful/nice thing you purchased for yourself this year?
It's a toss-up between my yarn shopping spree in Feb (or was it March?) and the cake spinner thingy that I bought when I started my now-on-hiatus cake business. That thing is rilly, rilly useful.
9. Are you in the holiday spirit yet?
I'm about 92¼ there. Tree and lights aren't up yet, so, I'm waiting on that to get fully in there.
Have a great weekend!