Saturday 9: How Do You Mend A Broken Heart?
27 January 2012
Link up here if you're playing along with Crazy Sam and the gang today!
1. How did you cope with your biggest heartache?
I attempted suicide. Hey, don't ask the yucky questions if you don't want to hear the yucky answers. I was neither the first time, nor was it the last time.
2. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
My husband, in November, when he was having his stroke scares and we discovered his benign brain tumor.
3. How many jobs have you held in your life? How many of those were part of your chosen career field?
Eight or so. Part of my field? Hm. There was my internship at Mote Marine Lab, my teaching assistantship at the U. of South Florida, and ... does the dive shop in Key Biscayne count? It was related, sorta. Other than that, they were just to pay the rent and bills.
4. How did you discover Saturday 9?
Probably from another blog? It's been so long now, I don't remember.
5. If you could take the train from anywhere to anywhere, where would 'anywhere' be?
Oh, I'd go cross-country across the U.S. I've always wanted a long train ride experience, with the sleeper cars and all that. What fun!
6. When was the first time you cooked for someone else?
I don't know, I was probably 10 or so. I don't want to think about that life, though, outside of my therapist's office.
7. What is the worst beverage you've ever tasted?
LOL, Jack ordered something like a Sprite with chocolate or something similar, at Sonic. It was gag-worthy. Oh, icky-puke! All five of us tasted it; all five of us agreed.
8. Is there anything in life you are "certain" about? Firm in your beliefs? Strong in your convictions?
Evolution. Anyone who doesn't believe in it, in my opinion, is stupid. S-T-U-P-I-D. It's an observable phenomenon. Sorry if you disagree, but, I think you're stupid for it. Heh. (Don't let the door hitcha... and all that.)
9. Do you know anyone who has as very unusual pet?
My mother had a pet monkey when she was a little girl. It died of pneumonia. Otherwise.... my sister has somewhere between 50-100 snakes in her basement, all varying morphs of ball pythons, and the requisite feeder mice and what-have-you. And she makes fun of me for having four cats!!
Well, that was fast. Nine questions just aren't enough; sometimes I feel like saying more.
Have a good weekend, if you're still here after #8. Haha.