Saturday 9: I Know I'm Losing You
13 January 2012
Link up here if you're playing along with Crazy Sam today!
1. Have you ever still been in a relationship that you knew was ending, but you hung in with it anyway? If yes, why?
Yes. It was the guy I lived with before I finally kicked him out for busting my teeth (see previous post, The Dad I Sort of Had). The relationship lasted two years and sucked for about 23 months of that. I kept him around to help pay the rent. Honestly. I'm not proud of it, but there it is.
2. Tell why people around the world should be completely enthralled by you.
Ha. I truly don't want them to be. I have a unique personality, coupled with an esoteric sense of humor, and I like to surround myself with the ones who truly "get" me. The other ones, they can hang around, but we won't have much to discuss.
3. Other than where you live, what's your favorite city and why?
Parts of my heart still belong to Miami. I went to University there, I had some of the best times of my life there, and I have some really excellent friends still living there. It's beautiful, the parts where I lived, anyway, and I love the multi-culturalism. And the palm trees. God, I love the palm trees.
4. What is something you are really passionate about?
Tolerance for "The Other." I hate -isms in the extreme. That, and environmentalism.
5. What has been your most exciting prize that you've won?
In Grade Three, I was voted Class Giggler. I've earned a lot of accolades since I was eight, but I'm still the most proud of that. I do have a mean giggle, and if you can elicit it, props to you.
6. Do you think there was there a second gunman behind the grassy knoll?
I choose not to dwell on things about which I know practically nothing.
7. What was the silliest, most fun, crazy or impractical gift that you received?
I can't think of anything on the spot, so I'll share a different person's story: A girl I interned with at Mote, her brother went to the drug store on Christmas Eve and bought all the Fleet Enemas on the shelf. That's what he gave everyone for Christmas. I freakin' love that story!
8. What was the most practical gift that you received?
My red Kitchenaid mixer (no, we didn't pay that much for it!), for Valentine's Day a year or two ago! I do a lot of mixing, so I really needed it. And it's RED. Did I mention that? I ♥ it.
9. What blogger has been in your blogroll the longest? How did you discover them?
Hmm. Opening Google Reader to check... Of the ones that remain on my list, since they come and go on a whim, probably Goodyblog, because I was a Parents.com junkie at the time. I rarely read it now, though.
Hasta mañana, folks!