Link up here if it's not your year, either!
Sunday Stealing: The Not My Year Meme
1. Are you in a job that you truly enjoy?
I'm a stay-home homeschooling mom of three. I damn well better be, huh?
2. If you could do any job in the world what would it be?
I'd be a family court judge. And I hope to be, one day...
3. If you could be a character in a novel who would you be?
I'd be Tom Sawyer. What an imp! I like mischief as much as the next kid, you know?
4. When it comes to spending time with those you love, do you think it should be about quality or quantity?
Both count, but definitely quality over quantity. If you're not really present with each other, what's the point?
5. Is there a job/career you wanted but realized you couldn’t possibly do for one reason or another?
Pre-marriage and babies, I was a marine biologist. I was working with the pre-eminent scientist in our field (elasmobranch feeding ecomorphology, or in layman's terms, shark/skate/ray feeding behavioral ecology). A year and a half into my Ph.D., I realized I didn't have the passion to pursue that and be at sea half the year and then, when I was home, spend all my time stressing over grants and funding for research, etc. I wanted to be a wife and mom, and I didn't want to give up those desires, no matter how much I loved being a Biologist. And I did. And I still do... but. I love this so much more.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world or out of this world where would you live?
Oh, I'm so glad you added that last part. I'd love to live on Jupiter, assuming it were hospitable to humans. It's my favorite of our planets. (What, doesn't everyone have a favorite planet?)
7. Where would you most like to visit and with whom?
Everywhere I've never been, with Hubs and the trio of offspring we're raising.
8. Which skill would you like to learn?
Oh, gosh. I want to learn to spin my own yarn. And dye it. I want to learn to relax and meditate. I want to learn to practice self-patience and -forgiveness. I'd like to be fluent in every language, but at least five. It would be fun to be able to juggle while riding a unicycle... okay, now I'm getting carried away.
9. What made you laugh today?
A high school friend's Facebook status update: "Miracle Whip is actually tweeting on Twitter. What has the world come to when condiments are reminding us to set our clocks ahead?"
10. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Cleaning, organizing, and doing.
11. What is your sign and do you believe in horoscopes etc?
I'm a Virgo, and to the extent that it's fun. I fit the typical Virgo profile to a "T," but I don't go all nutso about it.
12. If you could change one thing about your life thus far, what would it be?
Many things... like, if I had known then what I know now, I would have seriously reconsidered going to the University of Miami, where top students like me struggled financially and football players were treated like gods, and perhaps gone to one of the several schools offering me a full, free ride instead.
13. If there was one charity you could give a huge contribution to, which charity would it be and why?
Heifer International. I think it's an awesome program.
14. Should smoking be legal?
No fecking way. Ugh. Don't even get me started.
15. What are your views on the smoking ban in public places?
Fully supportive - what'd I just say?!
16. Why do you blog?
To answer questions for your total entertainment, edification, and... okay, for my own amusement, too. And other things, but I've already answered this question eleventeen times before now.
17. Do you have a favorite author?
I'm not sure, but Jodi Picoult would definitely be near the top of the list, along with Elizabeth Zimmermann.
18. Can you play any musical instruments?
After my mom died, I learnt to play the organ/piano, which she also played. And my vocal chords. But I've always had a terrible ability to sight read music, so I didn't go very far with the keyboard. I did sing all through high school, and I was going to sing in college, too, but I got mono right before my audition, and then I got stage fright. I hate auditioning. Just give me the part I want and we'll go from there. Hee.
19. What would your ideal car be?
I would love to zip around in a cute little Mazda Miata convertible, or a Smart for Two convertible. Red, of course. Red cars go faster.
20. Describe yourself in one short sentence.
I am so weird.
21. What do you look for in a spouse/other half?
A penis, for starters. That's a must. He's gotta make me laugh and make me think, even better if he can do them both at once. Everything else ... let's just say I got so lucky with Rob. He definitely got the short end of the marital stick! ;)
22. Worst meal you’ve had?
Chicken a la king, when I was, like, five. I'd probably love it now, though I'm too scared to attempt another go.
23. What do you do to relax in the evening?
24. Do you get along with your siblings?
I have one full sister 17 months older, and yes, we are very close. Always have been. I have a much-older half-sister whom I've never met, and two former step-sisters with whom I no longer have a relationship.
25. Do you have any regrets?
Everytime I start painting my nails, I instantly regret not going pee first.
Have a great week, y'all!