Saturday 9: Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow (RIP Davy Jones)
03 March 2012
Link up here if you're playing along today!
1. How much do you worry about your future?
2. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect?
Just one, and He's not here on Earth right now. The rest of us... we're only human.
3. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for?
That I'm alive in it, with a modicum of happiness and sanity, and not driving my hubs and kiddos up a wall - whilst they're driving me up said wall.
4. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need?
Well, my sister's two daughters are pretty hearty and hale, unlike my own four kids who have all had their various illnesses (and death, in one case) and weaknesses throughout their young lives, so when her younger daughter took ill with a common childhood disease, she kind of freaked out. I dropped everything and drove all night from Virginia Beach to Western New York to be with her and her family until little H got better. I hope it was appreciated, because I had to wean my then-nursing son to do it! (He'd turned a year old the week before, so I'd already planned to, but still!)
5. What did you do lately that was really brave?
I stepped away from my various (11??) positions in leadership in the Girl Scouts on Wednesday. It broke my heart to do it on the one hand, but on the other hand, I really wanted and needed that, and I feel great since doing so.
6. What do you wish you hadn't let yourself do?
Take on so many things all at once last year, and let myself get unstable because of it. It's been about a year and a half since I've been stable (I'm bipolar), and it's kind of been hell on all of us with all the med tweakings and freak-outs while we try and figure out the right (new) cocktail for me...
7. Who is the wisest person you know?
My mama-in-law is pretty sage. I ask her for advice often, and she's always got good stuff knocking around in that brain of hers.
8. What's the most tasteless joke you've ever heard?
Oh, probably something disgusting and racist, which I do NOT tolerate.
9. What does your answering machine / voice mail message say?
Call it and find out, Willises!
Have a good weekend.