Link up here if you're playing along - I'm doing Parts I and II together since I missed last week. Enjoy!
Sunday Stealing: The Imaginary Meme, Part One
1. Have you ever peed your pants as an adult?
I've had four kids, including a set of twins, via c-section. You don't put that much pressure on your guts without a little weewee squeaking out now and then.
2. Who do you have a celebrity crush on now?
I've gotta agree with Jennifer Love Hewitt and go with Adam Levine from Maroon 5.
3. Would you date someone you met online?
Would. Have. Married him...
4. Do you wear underwear always?
Nope. Most of the time, I do. Not at the moment, though!
5. Do you hate yourself at times?
*snort* I can't count how many times I've attempted suicide. You don't do that because you like yourself.
7. Do you like dirty movies?
I've seen a few in my day, but most just make me laugh.
8. Could you believe Josha Ledet was voted off Idol?
I don't give a flying Fig Newton.
9. When was the last time that you bought a car?
August 6, 2010. Now I'm trying to get rid of it. :\
10. Have you ever been camping?
Oodles of times as a kid, and twice as a Girl Scout troop leader. I liked it much better as a kid. Lots fewer rules!
11. How many times a day do you go on facebook?
Sometimes none. Sometimes I never leave, technically. It all depends. I took a long break recently and didn't really miss it all that much. Surprised even me.
12. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
The Pirates! Band of Misfits, with my 10yo daughter, Chloë. I wasn't too impressed (sorry, Hugh, I still love you) and spent the entire movie with my iPhone on my chest, lighting up my knitting.
13. Have you ever worried that you'd cut off a limb?
This meme is kind of pissing me off. Oh, wait, no, I was already pissed off. <<breathes deeply>> I don't think that's the sort of thing you worry about until you do it, unless you work a dangerous job.
14. Where did you get your last email from?
Freecycle. I'm getting rid of lots of good stuff today, and it feels good to be trimming the fat!
15. Favorite website?
16. Are you down with ghetto?
There's a time and, obviously, a place for that, but I try not to show that side of myself in public places!
17. Will the world end in fire or ice?
I don't know. Yes?
18. Do you believe in the afterlife?
Yes. Yes, I do.
19. Would you be upset if Facebook stopped working?
I'd be more surprised than upset, at this point in the game.
20. How did you start your blog?
I opened a Typepad account and started typing. That's pretty much how it goes, isn't it?
21. Have you felt that life is like being on a roller coaster?
Pshaw. Mine has, that's for damn sure.
22. Favorite year so far?
I take them as they come.
23. Do you consider yourself religious?
I consider myself spiritual.
24. How do you dress to impress?
With this body, it's very hard. I'm not fat anymore, but I have a lot of extra, loose skin. It's not a pretty picture, so there's not a lot I can dare to bare, and I can't wear skin-tight, either. Just like when I was really big, there's a lot of clever covering up going on. I do try to get away from wearing all black now, though. Mostly I focus on my best assets, which are my shoulders on up. (Thanks, Jafra!)
25. Have you ever been to Connecticut?
Just once. We spent the night before my grandpa's funeral there last year, which was fitting, because that's where he was raised.
26. Do you eat sushi?
Love it. Can't eat much of the rice, though, so it can be tricky.
27. Would you smoke pot providing there was no risk or driving involved?
I never have, so I don't know... but it is on my Bucket List.
28. What do you think of Idol Winner Phillip Phillips?
Again, I don't give a flying Fig Newton. ReMEMber??!
29. Do you believe that animals have souls?
I suppose so, yeah.
30. Who did you last talk to? Share, if you dare.
I'm not really scared to tell you I talked to my husband. Should I be? <<looks around nervously>>
31. What is one thing that always annoys you?
My husband is the biggest instigator of my kids' shrieking and whining when we're out in public, because he'll pick on them and bug them to death. Seriously? It drives me crazy. You're almost 40, not 12. Grow up and act your age. (Home is a different story, of course. Go nuts.)
32. Do you believe in a higher being God?
Yes, I do.
33. Have you ever fallen in love with a neighbor?
No, but there were certainly crushes on a few when I was a kid...
34. Any plans for this weekend?
Well, we went out of town the last two weekends, so it's stinko that the Strawberry Festival in town is this weekend, and we have exactly zero dollars to go. Can't even afford the gas down there! Instead, we're cleaning house. (I'm taking a break, obvs.) Maybe we'll go to the beach tomorrow.
35. Would you like to rule your country, if you could?
Hell, no! I'm just not "leader material." I do think it's time for a woman to try her hand at it, though.
36. Do you like watching films about the nature of animals?
You're asking a Biologist this? As long as they're portrayed true to life, yes, I love them.
37. What's the difference between lust and/or lust?
I fail to understand the difference myself there, pal.
38. Do you have a soul?
Le sigh. I was right. This meme is annoying. Of course I do.
39. One best friend or many good friends?
I'd prefer both. Can I have both? 'Cause I do.
40. Do you believe in spontaneous combustion?
That's like asking me if I believe in Evolution. Both are completely observable, witnessed-by-human-eyes scientific phenomena. An emphatic "yes!"
Well. That was meh. Back to work.