Link up here if you're playing along this weekend!
1. What helps you get through the night?
Since I'm often awake, pills, the Interwebs, yarn, my friend Mommy of Many if she's up... and loads of caffeine. :\
2. Do you ALWAYS keep an open mind?
No. I'm pretty intolerant of intolerance. And I loathe smokers who pollute my clean air and people who fly the Confederate flag (especially those who have, like, 10 of them on their beat-up pick-em-up trucks), so, no.
3. Who is the wisest person you know?
Mamacita, AKA my MIL, is pretty sage. I go to her for advice probably far too often. I drive her nuts, maybe.
4. Who is the strongest person you know?
Based on what people tell me, um, me. I think I'm weak, really, but having been through so much shit, and the fact that I'm still alive, well, maybe I'm wrong?
5. How would we tell by your behavior if you are having a bad day?
Oh, honey. You'll know it when you see it. There won't be any guessing.
6. Does your ego sometimes get in your way?
Sure, I suppose it does for everyone, sometimes. The thing that pisses me off the most is being considered "just" a woman, or "just" a stay-home mom. I'm a whole lot more than that, and I could have spent time collecting degrees and fancy little letters after my name, too, but instead I chose to be happy and have a little family. Not that I won't get those letters eventually, because I will, when it's time. ;)
7. Do you believe in Zen? If yes, can it be mastered?
I'm not the right person to answer this question. I'm not really 'up' on my Eastern religions, as far as all that is concerned. I guess my answers would be "maybe" and "sure, but not by me!"
8. Do you believe you could teach someone, like your child, to be competitive?
I think that's mostly innate, but like most things, it can be nurtured as well. A little healthy competition is a good thing at the right time, so why not?
9. Do you believe home is not a place but rather a state of mind?
I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive; it's both, I'd say.
I'm pretty ambivalent tonight, eh?
Have a great weekend, fogies!