Saturday 9: My Generation
17 August 2012
Link up here if you're playing along this weekend. Or not, it's a free country.
1. What do you think is the most unique thing about your generation?
Hell if I know. High bangs, 80s music and teen pregnancies?
2. Do you speak out as often as you should?
The older I get, the more I do...
3. How often are you tough and unreasonable?
Not very often, only a few times a day or so.
4. Do you believe that sometimes you learn more from a failure than a success?
It's not really a failure if you've learned something from it.
5. Do you feel that you always have to win?
I like that saying, "Would you rather be right, or happy?" but I am a stubborn ass, so I don't live it very well.
6. Do you think tradition matters?
Yes, but there's something to be said for making new traditions and spontaneity, as well.
7. Do you tend to root for the underdog?
Leave me alone. You planted a seed from which many thoughts have stemmed... okay, the "root" Biology joke was working better in my head... now I just look stupid for not deleting this.
8. Have you ever felt that you want to exceed your parents’ successes?
The question is only applicable to my father, unfortunately, as I lost my mother as a young child, and the only success I care about comparing mine to his is as a parent. That would be an "abso-freakin'-lutely yes."
9. Of all the cartoon characters that you know of, which is most like you?
If Jessica Rabbit and Goofy had a daughter, that would be me.
Run along now, and fetch me some crackers. I have an upset tum.