If you so choose, the participation link is here. C'mon, jump in and join the fray!
1. What type questions do you hate on a meme?
Anything that asks me my favorite this or that. Really, no one gives a shit, and I'm too capricious to stick to favorites for long, anyway.
2. If you married the last person you texted, what would your last name be?
3. Were you happy when you woke up today?
Well, I'm up all night for the third consecutive night, so it's all relative to me. I took my happy pills, I'll say that much.
4. When were you on the phone last? And with who?
Does listening to my dad's voice mail and choosing to call him, maybe, count? (A little Carly Rae reference there; if you caught it, holla!) If not, then... the appointment schedulers for the military docs. Far less interesante, no?
5. Who are you excited for?
I'm excited for my friend, "The Other Melanie," to have Baby #8!! Yes, you read that correctly. And she's my age. *faint*
7. Honestly, who was the last person to tell you they love you?
Oh, God, you had to say "honestly," didn't you? I'm going to get in trouble for this, but I cannot tell a lie: it was my friend D, to whom I am not married.
8. What's the last thing you put in your mouth?
Well, since you didn't say "honestly" this time (just kidding; Hubs is in bed - ha!)... It was a swig o' Diet Mt. Dew.
9. Have a best friend?
Listen, I've been around the world and had a best friend everywhere I go, but my true, honest-to-God besties are Hubs and Dr. Lisa, whom I've known since Grade 6. (Not Hubs; I've only known him since we got married + two months.)
10. Were you ever or are you scared to fall in love?
Nah. I'm one of those foolish girls who is in love with being in love. I love to love.
11. Do you think teenagers can be in love?
Young teenagers, like 13 or 14, hm, to some extent, but I think it takes a certain amount of maturity that only comes with age and experience to really know what being "in love" means.
12. Last person you wanted to punch in the face?
The douchebag who blocked my driveway, so I had to do some maneuvering I'm barely capable of to get OUT and to the road.
13. What time is it right this second?
I'm not going to check seconds, but fo' real, it's 4:44 AM.
14. What do you want right now?
That's a long list, but if we're talking immediately, then I'm all set, thanks.
15. Who was the last person you took a picture with?
That would be Hubs. And I love the pic:
Very much taken, in more than one sense of the word.
17. When was the last time you cried?
Thursday. I was exhausted and felt like crap.
18. Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
Mom died when I was 7, and my Dad... we have a tenuous grip on a decent relationship, but until and unless he becomes more enlightened and self-aware, it won't be much better than that.
19. Do you find it hard to trust others?
No. I'm pretty naïve for such a jeenyus. ;P
20. How fast does your mind change?
How fast did it take you to read this sentence?
21. I bet you miss somebody right now. Who is it?
I always miss my mother and my baby boy, whom I lost 9½ years ago, now. I miss my sister up in NY, and my friends... shoot, I even miss Hubs, since he's all the way in the other room, sound asleep. Sometimes I like to bother him awake to play and chitchat. Sometimes he lets me. (I'm obnoxious; I admit it.)
22. Can you honestly say you're okay right now?
Yes, I am. Ask me every 20 minutes or so, and you'll see how much fun it is being Bipolar I, though. (Hint: I cycle very rapidly up and down. I'm a true joy to be married to, doubtless.)
Welp, my friends, that's the end of this quarter-meme, so I better get on with my knitting. Leave me a comment and tell me something. Your favorite color, even. Just so I know you were here.