Sunday Stealing: Useless Questions Meme
04 August 2012
Link thyself up here if you're a thief like us, m'kay?
1. Have you ever written a song?
Actually, yes, in junior high, my then-BFF wrote the music, and I wrote the lyrics to a song for another good friend of ours that was moving away, and it was recorded in then-BFF's dad's studio. (He's a locally famous singer. Todd Hobin & The Heat - you may have heard of them, if you're near Central New York?)
2. Have you ever been in the opposite sex's public toilet?
No, I've never fallen into a urinal. Gosh, I hope I never do...
3. Are you superstitious?
Nah, but I'll knock wood just for shits and giggles.
4. What's the most daring thing you've done?
I married a guy two months after the first time he emailed me from an internet dating site. We're coming up on 12 years. I knew what I was doing.
5. Did you have a baby blanket? Do you still sleep with it?
Yes, my grandma made it for me. I don't still sleep with it, but I will keep it forever.
6. Have you ever tried to cut your own hair? If yes, how’d it work out?
I have cut my bangs a trillion (that may or may not be hyperbole) times, but between Hubs and me, we cut my mid-back length hair down to this:
I thought it was pretty cute, but I'm growing it out again now, as you can tell by my banner up there.
7. Have you ever sleepwalked?
No, but I talk in my sleep constantly. Apparently I'm pretty funny. But of course I am.
8. If you could be any age, what age would you be?
I'm happy with being 35. Since I grew up thinking I'd drop dead at 33 like my mother, I figure every year after that is a bonus.
9. What is your dream car?
Right now I want a Vespa. And/or a Smart For Two. And/or a cute little red convertible Mazda Miata. Love my minivan, but it's not itty-bitty. I like itty-bitty things.
10. What is your favorite cartoon of all time?
The Smurfs, duh!
11. If you were in a car sinking in a lake, what would you do first?
Swear at Rob, 'cause he's probably the one driving.
12. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
At least half a dozen times. We are a family with frequent-flier passes to the ER.
13. How many foreign countries have you visited?
Does Guam count? Do the USVI? Does Puerto Rico? Let's see... Canada, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Bahamas, Panama, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy (mainland and Sicily), Greece, Croatia... and the aforementioned three US territories. However many that is.
14. If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float?
I think you're supposed to do the latter, right? I don't see it happening anytime soon, though.
15. Do you talk in your sleep?
You weren't listening, hm?
16. Have you ever slipped in the bathtub?
Yeah, but one time, my older stepsister passed out in the shower and fell on the floor. It was scary at the time, but now it's kind of... well, no, it's not that funny, I guess.
17. If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would it be?
Matt Damon, if a menage a trois is included. What?
18. Have you ever re-gifted?
Sure have. Win-win, I think.
19. If you could attend an Olympic event, what would it be?
Anything; it's on my bucket list. Ideally, gymnastics or figure skating, though. Oh, so exciting! A friend of mine lives in London and has passes to three different events this summer. Jerk.
20. If you could participate in an Olympic event, what would it be?
The same ones I'd want to watch. Makes sense if you think about it, no?
21. If you won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store, which store would you pick?
If it had to be a store you've heard of, I'd either go the A.C Moore/Michaels route, or IKEA (to which I've never been - bucket list item!). Otherwise, some obscurish specialty yarn store with beautiful fibers... ahhh, now, how do I enter?
22. What do you think is your best feature?
I think my face is pretty cute. Unless you meant ON my face specifically, and then I'd have to say my nose. I had a customer once tell me it was "perfect," and I'm taking her word for it. ;P
23. If you were to win an Oscar, what kind of movie would it be for?
Probably a documentary, or anything Meryl Streep would do. She picks good roles. Hello, understatement.
24. Which of the five senses is most important to you?
Sight. I live my life in big, bold, beautiful colour, and I'd be lost without that.
25. Would you be a more successful painter or singer?
Oh, singer, definitely. I'm horrible at painting, but I can carry a decent tune.
26. How many years will/did you end up going to college?
I did my B.S. in 3 years, and I worked on my Ph.D. for a year and a half, and a Master's for the rest of that second year... I'll go back to school one of these fine years, hopefully for a J.D.
27. Have you ever had surgery?
If dental surgeries are included, I've had about 10. If not, 7 or 8. Three of those included evicting my four children.
28. What do you like to collect?
Shot glasses. Pressed pennies. Beautiful yarns. And cats, apparently.
29. How many collectibles do you have?
I don't know, and I suspect no one really cares, so I'm going to take this opportunity to tell you that I have had a kitten napping behind me throughout the writing of this post, and she keeps stretching and scratching her claws down my bum. Every time I move her, she moves back. She's not my favourite person right now.
Is that it? I hate ending on a prime number.
Have a swell week, folks!